Turning off mouse keys

Chad

I'd accidentally removed 'Accessories & Utilities' via 'Add/Remove
Windows components' & the XP installation disk isn't near at hand (I'd
wanted to remove Windows Messenger since I never use it)
Now I can't use my num pad to enter numbers since I have mouse keys
turned on. I can't turn it off via the control panel since the system
file is missing. Can anyone please tell me how to turn it off?

James Silverton

Hello, Chad!
You wrote on 19 Sep 2006 12:45:16 -0700:

C> I'd accidentally removed 'Accessories & Utilities' via
C> 'Add/Remove Windows components' & the XP installation disk
C> isn't near at hand (I'd wanted to remove Windows Messenger
C> since I never use it) Now I can't use my num pad to enter
C> numbers since I have mouse keys turned on. I can't turn it
C> off via the control panel since the system file is missing.
C> Can anyone please tell me how to turn it off?

Isn't the toggle supposed to be Left ALT+Left SHFT+Num Lock?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Chad

James said:
Hello, Chad!
You wrote on 19 Sep 2006 12:45:16 -0700:

C> I'd accidentally removed 'Accessories & Utilities' via
C> 'Add/Remove Windows components' & the XP installation disk
C> isn't near at hand (I'd wanted to remove Windows Messenger
C> since I never use it) Now I can't use my num pad to enter
C> numbers since I have mouse keys turned on. I can't turn it
C> off via the control panel since the system file is missing.
C> Can anyone please tell me how to turn it off?

Isn't the toggle supposed to be Left ALT+Left SHFT+Num Lock?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Chad

Left ALT+Left SHFT+Num Lock doesn't permanently turn it off. Mouse keys
are back after every reboot. How can I completely turn them off?