Windows XP Turn off browser/flash sound?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this is possible or not, but I want to turn off the sound coming from a flash game in my Firefox browser, so that I can hear music from my Winamp player without distractions from the online flash game.

I know I could just turn down the MIDI sound in my computer, but this turns off the players sound too, and I cant seem to find a option in the browser to turn its sound off there.

Help is appreciated here. Thanks in advance

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ask the webmaster to offer a volume control ... ;)

:p

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
is that the only solution though, ir is there something I can do on my local machine.
Thanks for the humour though Mucks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Flash has nothing to do with Firefox, you need to ask Adobe, who bought Macromedia, about it. ;)

One of the nice things about Firefox ... no Flash, it's a plug-in. :thumb:

I will be no help on the matter, I don't like or use Flash. :D

user.gif

Reaction score
I found this posted elsewhere and it worked for me, as this discussion is at the top of Google's search result I'll pass on a work around.

If a msacm32.dll is present in the Firefox folder, no flash sound will play. I just chose the smallest existing dll and made a copy and renamed it to msacm32.dll.

Caveats:
-Windows only
-Haven't heard how FF 3 handles this
-Have to restart FF to switch between no sound, and sound.

Ask a Question