Toshiba Satallite Pro A300

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Satalite Pro A300 Laptop which I brought about 4 years ago and hardly used before it started giving me problems. Unfortunately for me the problem occured a few weeks after the 1 year waranty expired! The problem is that the battery is dead and it doesnt chagre via the A/c mains. I had the battery and A/c lead checked and they have not fault in them, I also changed the A/c Jack which didnt solve the problem either. What sometimes happens is that when I connect the A/c lead, it starts charging the battery but as soon as i switch on the laptop, it stops charging the battery and so the laptop runs until the battery runs dead.
My friends A/c lead and battery work fine on his laptop which is the same and when I use them on my laptop I still have the same problem so this confirms that A/c lead and battery are not at fault.
I have been to a few laptop shops and they were unable to decipher what the fault is either.
I would apprecite any suggestions or solutions you may have, thanks

Reaction score
It could well be the electronic charging circuit within the laptop. They are sometimes built around an optoisolator but could be a multitude of things tbh

Basically the circuit that controls the charging isnt functioning properly. The nasty thing is it aint a separate board, they are built into main laptop board as far as im aware. And multiple layer circuits using surface mount devices are a nightmare

defo a repair jobby im afraid

i have used someone recently to buy an inverter for my laptop. I wont post link but it you want it let me know and i will send it via a PM. They seem very reasonable and if they cant find prob they dont charge anything but postage back to you

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have had a tough time finding a Laptop repair shop that is able to diagnose and fix my laptop.

If you can PM the link then I will look into it.

Thank you,
Fraz Qureshi

Ask a Question