Tomb Raider: The Dagger Of Xian (Tomb Raider 2 Remake) - Demo out now.

Reaction score
The textures and Lighting look fantastic. Doubt I'll play though. I think I'm booked up for about 5years with games :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just had a watch of the "first cave" video - it looks pretty much spot on compared to the original!

I'll give this a shot once it's progressed a little. I'm still waiting for the "Black Mesa" remake to complete - I must have bought that ages ago now :lol:.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha Black Mesa has been taken for ever! Its supposed to be finished in December....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup! I keep holding off playing it, as I know I'll just want to re-play it once it's finished. Almost there! ;).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That Laura remake looks darn neat. I'll definitely give it a go at some time. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have been playing the demo and... it's annoying as hell :D

Lots of falling to death after misjudging jumps and leaps and playing the same part over and over and over again. No manual save, just checkpoints (in the demo, anyway).

I do remember not being mad keen on the first 3 Tomb Raider games for this very reason, too finickity and fiddly for my liking. I do suspect though that for lots of players that's probably the appeal.

Good graphics, fluid gameplay, works well with Xbox 360 controller but not for me.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
From the way you described it, that sounds like it's an authentic remake ;).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
From the little I can glean about it it is an authentic remake with loads of graphical updating.

I played the first game but not the second one so I am looking forward to it. Nice to know it will work with a controller.

breakfast.gif

Ask a Question