The Witcher 3 (Wild Hunt)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm hooked :D

Ok, ok, I know I'm really late to this one. I started playing it last year just before my CSF problems, although I didn't really get very far. Now that I'm better I decided to pick it up again, and I'm playing it on the PS4. I can tell already that I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this one.

Who here has played it? Any tips / advice?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is one game I bought and never played. I hear good things, enjoy!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's definitely worth a try :) I'm always so behind with games! At least they're always cheaper by the time I get round to them, plus I tend to get the GOTY versions.

I'm struggling a bit with the combat so far, it feels like there is a lot to remember and I often forget about targeting enemies and using the Witcher signs. But I guess once I get more used to it then it'll be fine.

As is always the way with RPGs, I'm ignoring the main quest and doing all the side missions :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think it's a great game and you can get the main game and the two expansion packs for about £13 now if you shop around.

I've played 22 hours and it tells me I'm 7% of the way through the main game so clearly lots more gameplay left.

Haven't been there lately though as I've been sidetracked on some newer additions.

And yes, there are a fair few controls to memorise but they do become familiar and 2nd nature after a while.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
And yes, there are a fair few controls to memorise but they do become familiar and 2nd nature after a while.

That's good to know :)

I've had a relatively busy week, so I'm hoping I'll have time to play it at the weekend. I need to find some Drowner brains! :fool::lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm so addicted to this game!! :nod: It's just so easy to get lost down a quest rabbit warren! You need some info from someone... they will only help you if you do them a favour... you end up trekking across the map... and before you know it you're helping a villager herd magical pigs! :lol:

Only thing I don't like is that I wish there was some way to sneak, like in Skyrim / Fallout. It would be really handy. Other than that it's a great game and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely recommended to anyone who is thinking about giving it a try :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I finished the main game recently, and last night I finished Hearts of Stone. Each had such awesome endings! I think I'm going to be quite sad when the main story line of the last DLC is over, I'm trying to draw it out for as long as I can :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You done well finishing such a huge game.

I was up to around level 20 but lost half my saves when I carried out a fresh OS install. I play the game through GOG's Galaxy client and I had assumed they carried out Cloud saves. They do but the system was a little flakey and it had only saved up to level 10.

This put me back at a part where I'm in a market square and I have to follow a pick-pocket to gather information.

This rather put me off playing the game having to go over all the same gameplay again but it's been almost a year now so I think it's time to get re-acquainted. I have both DLC packs as well but they recommend being at least up to level 30 before attempting them.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's annoying! Hopefully it's been long enough that you can replay the parts you've already done without it being too boring. By the time I finished the story of the main game I was at a sufficiently high level for the DLC, so that worked out quite nicely. Blood and Wine is on a whole new map, so I saved that one for last as it's meant to be really good. Made a start on it last night, seems great so far.

I unlocked an achievement yesterday for completing all the witcher contracts! What can I say, I like being thorough :blush:

Ask a Question