Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't go anyway

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello,

Am just recommending that nobody goes to the cinema to see " The Happening".

Incase you haven't heard about it, its the new film from M. Night. Shymalam, he is previously responsible for, the sixth sense, the village, unbreakable, signs and the lady in the water.

I rather enjoyed his early films, especially The Village, however his new one is bad.

Boring story, with no real explanation, really poor dialogue and a very poor attempt at making a 50's - 60's genre horror movie, like the great "The Day of the Triffids".

I suggest you wait for the DVD, as it ain't worth the 6 quid to see it at the cinema.

Whilst i'm ranting, whats the point of the cinema, you get a crap picture with spots all over it, not even widescreen, and in the last 4 times i've been, once the reel broke and we had to wait ten minutes for another one, second there was only half the picture and at all four, people just can't shut up anymore.

I'm 27 but i'm sure ten years ago people were quiet in the cinema!

Anyway, along post but am really peeved at the moment, i like films alot and will watch most things.

My favourite film is " In the heat of the night", 1960's classic.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
huh, kinda looked interesting to me.
perhaps i will wait for it to come out on DVD then. :)

If your local theater has a spotty screen and broken bits.... i suggest finding a new theater to watch. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Some movies are just meant to be seen on a big screen .

happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I'll pass on this one then ;) I liked the 6th sense, and the village was OK - but then the rest seemed to follow the similar sort of plot (that isn't as much fun when you expect the surprises).

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
On a lighter note, i did see Kungfu Panda. :D
Great movie btw :)

Ask a Question