Day The Earth Stood Still

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey,

Or the day i fell asleep in the cinema,

Well its not that bad.

Starting with a positive it looks very very good, Jennifer Connelly plays super hot mum/astro biologist?

Glad the missus is in bed cause i luuurrrrrrvvvvveeeee Jennifer Connelly.

Anywho its pretty much the original but with a stop killing the planet theme instead of stop killing each other.

America is like, "man you an alien we kick yo ass", as most people with an ounce of intelligence could probably tell you its not a good idea to annoy aliens, bit more advanced than us.

Anyway, run around, run around learn some stuff, yawn.

Oh and if you don't like ungrateful kids then her son in the film is the most ungrateful, obnoxious little **** ever, i would so kick his ass.

And to think whilst the missus was looking at posters in the foyer i sneakily bought tickets for this as i didn't want to watch Twilight.

Am taking the missus out for dinner and to watch Twilight tomorrow night, boooooo.

So to conclude wait for the DVD, or get the Dark Knight on blu-ray and watch that instead, man that film is like so coooool and Heath Ledger should get an Oscar, actually heres a question how posthumous Oscars have there been???

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Glad the missus is in bed cause i luuurrrrrrvvvvveeeee Jennifer Connelly.

actually heres a question how posthumous Oscars have there been???

Yes she is quite erm lurvely...*looks over shoulder to see if missus isn't looking*
As for the oscar thing only one has ever been awarded to a dead actor, but several have been awarded to none actors...source

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Hey,

actually heres a question how posthumous Oscars have there been???

Only one for an actor. Peter Finch won a posthumous Oscar in 1976 for Network. :nod:

Reaction score
Blimey last film I seen at a flick show was ummmm..... Oh yes Crocodile Dundee [1] [the first one] :D Thats not a knife> THATS a knife.....
laughingsmiley.gif
1986 sheesh time flies...

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be serious. has any body seen the original "The Day The Earth Stood Still" In lovely B/W?
I remember seeing it in the cinema,I don`t think in 1951 the year it came out,but some time later I should think.
I thought what a great film.It had a good story,it gripped you in places,and it left you thinking about mans stupidity.
They have now released a re-make of it. I`ve only seen bits of it on TV,my opinion of it is that I wouldn`t cross the road to see it.
historian

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The original was class..and has stayed in my memory since I saw it as a kid at home on the tele on BBC2 as a matinee film in the afternoon..

If I do see the remake I bet it don't stay in my memory anywhere near as long..:nod:

Reaction score
Hmmmm

I'm not sure. I enjoyed it to a point, However, I did think the ending ver very poor indeed.

I would have liked to have seen more of the aftermath and maybe people and the way it affected them after Klaatu had left.

I only rate it as 7 tbh. I did enjoy it but it could have been soooo much better

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We know what your talking about Alf..:nod:

You been watching Team America too many times aintcha...

AMERICA F**k YEAH..:D :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, I went with my twin daughter Sophie and her boyfriend to see Twilight a few days ago and much to my surprise I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Very enjoyable and the big screen and surround sound made it quite impressive.

There was some music playing at the start of the end of film credits and I was familiar with it but couldn't place it. It was driving me nuts so I checked the soundtrack CD on Amazon but this music wasn't on it.

Later that evening it came to me, it was the first track from Radiohead's In Rainbows album. So if it's puzzling anybody else, now you know :)

Best scene of the movie was the baseball game in the forest set to Muse's 'Super Massive Black Hole'.

And if anybody's in Greenwich New Year's Eve I'm doing the sounds at The Trafalgar Tavern from 8 til 1 but it is a tenner to get in I'm afraid.

And to all those Christmas threads, too many to reply to - Happy Christmas all :)

Ask a Question