Reaction score
To start with, here is my pc's spec:

Dell Dimension 9150
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1.00 GB RAM
RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
160GB HDD
100GB HDD Free

Now when i try and start up The Godfather:The Game it gets as far as the "Game Software 2006..." etc. then just stops and retunrs to the desktop screen. I have no idea whats wrong with it, don't think it's the graphics card as it works fine with other games and i know the game works on the ATI x600 series cards. Any Help???

Reaction score
Did you purchase the game?

Are you using a No-CD exe for the game?

Have you tried going to the official website and getting a fix or patch?

Reaction score
I did purchase the game, i will check up on the website for a update or patch but have no idea what a No-CD exe is/

Reaction score
A No-CD exe is a modified game executable which allows you to play the game without using the original disk. This in turn saves wear and tear on the original disk as you are not continually removing and replacing the disk from the drive which in turn prevents scratching and alike. It also allows games to load a lot faster as searching the CD or DVD is eliminated.

Some people class it as illegal, and i'm sure lots of people would agree with them, however it is not and as long as you own the game everything is fine as you are protecting your investment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still doesn't work, odd thing is though, when i have two users logged on it will then work. Any idea why.

Reaction score
hey i had the same problem as you have...you have to change the name of your "movies" folder in your godfather dir. to "_movies" then startup the game...worked for me and alot of others

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
jelle said:
hey i had the same problem as you have...you have to change the name of your "movies" folder in your godfather dir. to "_movies" then startup the game...worked for me and alot of others

You're just nine months too late..... :lol:

Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
hello

for me has abit of the problem as well. i use window xp and i installed the game (not copied ones) and when i tried to play the screen did not even change! i tired to get a crack for it but still the same....

can anyone help! ?

Ask a Question