The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed

G

Hi
I have formattet my laptop (EVO 610 C) and trying to install win xp pro. Have tried both pro with SP1a and without (from MSDN iso download). I get the message "The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed"
I have tried to reformat c:\ to fat32 to copy the i386 files to disk, but when it comes to the asms files it says.. "cannot copy" and stops

Any idea what to do

thanx

-J

R

randwulf57

Jane:
"The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed" Error Message
When You Install Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311755&Product=winxp
--
randwulf57

Jane said:
Hi!
I have formattet my laptop (EVO 610 C) and trying to install win xp pro.
Have tried both pro with SP1a and without (from MSDN iso download). I get
the message "The File 'Asms' on Windows XP Professional CD-ROM Is Needed".
I have tried to reformat c:\ to fat32 to copy the i386 files to disk, but
when it comes to the asms files it says.. "cannot copy" and stops.

G

Randwulf:
I have tried all that...
I have now tried a cd thats is not dl'ed from msdn and that worked. It has to be something wrong with the MSDN iso images. Anyone else had the same problem with those iso's?

-J

G

Jane
Couldn't quite tell exactly how you cured your ASMS problems but I'm real interested in hearing more. I'm about ready to start pulling wires, if you know what I mean. My email address should be in here somewhere
danny

----- Jane wrote: ----

Randwulf
I have tried all that..
I have now tried a cd thats is not dl'ed from msdn and that worked. It has to be something wrong with the MSDN iso images. Anyone else had the same problem with those iso's

-J

Ask a Question