Windows XP TCP/IP disabled?

Reaction score
Evening. Not quite sure where this is best posted, but here we go...

My flatmate (who is NOT the most computer literate individual) I believe has been trying to be all clever and mess about with his settings. His computer wont let mine onto the internet (his has the direct connection, mine connects thru his) Network Connections wont renew the IP address and its previously reported that TCP/IP was disabled and Internet connection sharing could not be enabled. He`s away out for the evening, I cant ask him about it, not that I think he`d be able to tell me, so has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks a lot :)
Kenny

P.S.... I dont mean to knock el flatmate, he`s a good guy, but he posseses no clue about his comp. Which I think is wrong. "know thy enemy" or , if you`re gonna have a computer, you should have a basic knowledge of how it works.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the best bet would be to run the "home networking" wizard again if he is using Windows XP - it should sort problems like that out if it has gone wonky!

Reaction score
Morning Ian! Have tried Networking wizard... there also seems to be some kind of trouble aquiring a network address. His comp might be sick, its pretty clogged up with crap. Very annoying :(

Thanks for gettin back to me so fast :)

Kenny

Reaction score
Cha`ching! Writing this from my comp. Not sure what I`ve done to get it right this time, but it worked :)

We dont appreciate the wee things till they go to the shape of a pear :)

Ask a Question