taskbar lags on startup

Reaction score
hey, im new to this site, looks good.

the problem is when i startup windows, my taskbar lags and i can't do anything. I can click on the icons and everything, but if i move my cursor over the taskbar it will have the loading sign. It does that far about 3 minutes, and then everything goes back to normal.

This only happened about 2 weeks ago, and during the 3 minutes, i have my task manager up, and watching my process for any strange, high memory usage. Usually the programs are about 30kbs and below, but if i go to performance, the cpu usage would shoot up all the way then go down.

If any one can help me fix this 3 minute thing, i'd appreciate it.

Reaction score
Welcome to PCReview! :wave:
Sounds like a timeout problem.
Could be profile specific - have you tried logging on as another user?
It could also be machine (OS) specific.

Have a look in your Windows Event Logs for clues as to what is occurring.
Export and post here if you need assistance.

Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
Well i'm using windows xp. and im at event viewer, and i don't know what im looking for =/ Oh and i've tried logging on as another user and i still get the lag.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whats running on startup?

Ckeck Start> all programs > startup.

Reaction score
lol, I don't really know. I did some uninstalling and some reinstalling, and i basically uninstalled my Mcafee Virus Scanner Pro and installed a Mcafee Virus Enterpraise.

Anyways

Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question