Taking ages to load pages.

Reaction score
Ian, it just seems to take ages to load a page.
Normally it's very quick.:thumb:

Good luck with fixing it.:thumb: :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian,

I dont now if any one else is having this problem but I have got this on 3 computers. When I log into the Pc Review, and close the website. I then go back to the pc review front page and it on the left hand side of the screen the user name and password are blank even though I didn't sign out but when I click on fourms and todays posts it says that I'm logged in, but the no. of users is not showing either.

wizkid

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt, but I think Ian deserves some refreshment at this point ;)

Attachments

• newcastle_brown_ale.jpg
    newcastle_brown_ale.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 108

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Today, on and off, PCR UK has been well flakey.

Right now, for past 30 mins or so, it has been very very good indeed :)

PS: As I recall, when I visited oop north, real Geordies don't drink Newcastle Brown, they favour Exhibition Bitter ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the Beer TC :nod:

Is the site now doing a little better since I removed the features on the front page? I'll keep them off it for a little longer and see if it speeds the site up this week.

Today I'll see if I can get an alternative way of displaying the posts since last visit, as I think it would be a shame to have to remove them. I've also got a "slow query" log from the database which I'm going to work through and fix any long queries (as this would cause a backlog). :thumb:

Reaction score
Doing a great job Ian.:thumb:
You should never drink & use machinery at the same time!:nod:

Reaction score
The sites loading performance has become better and I've received no errors either. So far so good :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The site just took around 5 seconds to start loading and the main front page took around 10 seconds to show..

Clicked on new posts and took a pause before loading..Loading has been slightly quicker than over the last week or so though..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Front page took only 3 secs to load today :thumb: and no error messages........... er, I was a bit surprised to see that there were apparently "65533 New Private Messages" awaiting me, thought perhaps a fan-club had been started :cool: but alas, 'twas empty :lol: :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Your PM problem should be fixed now TC :)

I've been tinkering in the last hour to speed some of these slow queries - found one which should make a difference under load :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :D

One of the longest slow query problems should now be fixed, the cache is now in place and I guess it should be near enough to fully populated by tomorrow morning. This won't make a big difference to the instantaneous speed of the site, but it will reduce any bottlenecks that cause the site to slow for a few seconds at a time. :)

edit : In a week or so I'll add in the new posts counter I've been trying, but only once it can be seen if removing it increases the site speed :)

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I was a bit surprised to see that there were apparently "65533 New Private Messages" awaiting me, thought perhaps a fan-club had been started :cool: but alas, 'twas empty
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
Who's a popular taffycat then.:rolleyes:
And yes a fine job by Ian.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks folks :D

I'm tracking all of the changes over the next week to see how they work :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
thought perhaps a fan-club had been started :cool: but alas, 'twas empty

Never mind, TC, you still have a fan club.:nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think our leader deserves a pat on the back ... :nod:

I've done a little forum/website building/mantainance and, it's a pain in the you-know-where ... ;)

So, may I be the first to say ...

THANK YOU IAN

:bow: :thumb: :bow:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I think our leader deserves a pat on the back ... :nod:

I've done a little forum/website building/mantainance and, it's a pain in the you-know-where ... ;)

So, may I be the first to say ...

THANK YOU IAN

:bow: :thumb: :bow:

QFT.
bowdown.gif

You do a cracking job Ian. :cool:

Sorry i aint been around much lately, had lots of matches and training for the MPL. (Played 3 won 3 so far! :D)

Ask a Question