Taking ages to load pages.

Reaction score
Has been slow the last few days, sadly Ian.

Oh & AJAX that used to be the name of a bathroom cleaner was i was a lad.:nod:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it seems ok now but that may be because i'm home and on a much faster connection

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's back to normal here today too :thumb: having been very slow over the past day or two. You certainly know how to tweak Ian ;) :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
You certainly know how to tweak Ian ;) :D

Why thank you Taffycat :D ;)

It's good to know that it's speeded up for you both, I'll keep an eye on it - but do let me know if it is still slow at any point :thumb: The main page still take some time, but I'm still working on that over the next week whilst I learn how to do some AJAX coding
nod.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made a few more small tweaks to speed up loading time, and hopefully that should do the trick. The online counter has gone for now, as that was doing a fair sized query for every single person that views a page, plus a cache is active for pretty much everything that can be cached now :D

Reaction score
Ian @ 1425 today i got the following below:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our (e-mail address removed), who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Feckit, I'll see what that was about now :thumb:

Reaction score
I've become to notice the site is taking its time to load too. It especially takes its time when trying to access forums and posting topics.
Earlier I received 2 errors, 1 being a MySQL Time Out and the other being a general Database error (apparently you have been e-mailed about this). I have a screen shot of the Database error but not of the Time Out one, which thinking about it I should have gotten one because it did mention a line within a PHP file--sorry.

I'll start to do some tracing to see where things go slow, see whether it's the site or the server ...will report back ASAP.

Reaction score
It seems to be before 15:00 that the site is slow and the errors happen :wall:

Anyway, still tracing, will get back to that some other time; I just wanted to make you aware of the errors I've been receiving:
Code:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\forums\includes\db_mysql.php on line 212
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\forums\includes\functions.php on line 485

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Jason, I will see what these link to now :thumb: Do you know which page they were on?

Reaction score
Code:
...db_mysql.php
Happens whenever the page exceeds the 60Second limit.

Code:
...functions.php
Erm, I believe this one appeared when posting in the General forum.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I should mention that there have been several occasions during the past few days where I haven't been able to access the site at all, the most recent being around 15 minutes ago.

And the speed at which the site operates seems to vary quite a lot just lately.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've reset the server now, as it went down twice in the last hour - which ties in with what you experienced just before Flops.

I'm going to see what is in those 2 mysql files to cause the problem. :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I should mention that there have been several occasions during the past few days where I haven't been able to access the site at all...

And the speed at which the site operates seems to vary quite a lot just lately.
:nod: Same here.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ian haven't been able to access the site for at least the last half hour, but now seems to be running smoothly again..

If you have reset then obviously that was why I haven't been able to get on..:nod:

Reaction score
Ian,

I have just got this error come out when I am tring to acess the site.

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C81BD02

wizkid

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Ian, at 11 am I encountered the same error as Wizkid on three different occasions between 11 and 11:06 am "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7C81BD02" It happened when accessing WCG Stats, which eventually came up, but then I received the same error when trying to submit a post.

I tried www.alertra.com as you previously suggested we do, and took a snip of what came up just in case it helps.

Aargh, it's not allowing me to upload the snip - getting the violation error again :(

Think it has now... ;)

Attachments

• Capture.Alerta.JPG
    Capture.Alerta.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 192

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Eek, I'm going to spend a full day tomorrow trying to fix all of these problems. I've made a log of all of these times to try and narrow it down.

Thanks to everyone for posting what happens :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've disabled some of the main page counters, as I think this could be the problem - even with the changes I did a while ago. I'll leave it like this for 24 hours and see if it helps :)

Ask a Question