PCreview site loading slow?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it takes an age for this site to be 'found' - once it is it loads up quickly and everything runs fine. Is it the server?
I dont have a problem with other sites.....:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it takes an age for this site to be 'found' - once it is it loads up quickly and everything runs fine. Is it the server?
I dont have a problem with other sites.....:confused:

I thought this problem was just me, but now that its not I'll look into it this morning!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I get 'website found - waiting for reply' and then takes ages....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've restarted the server, changed configs and posted on a few more forums and I can't see why the server is playing up. I'm still working on this though.

Its such a strange problem!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Phew, I've found the problem - its something on the main page!

Should be ok soon :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Phew, I've found the problem - its something on the main page!

Should be ok soon :)

Admin just out of interest

how many hours a day are u on pcr?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Admin just out of interest

how many hours a day are u on pcr?

Far too many ;) I'm at home quite alot at the moment as I am writing a bit report up, so I'm online quite alot!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem was the "new posts" number on the main page, so I've had to get rid of that I'm afraid. It no longer shows the number of new posts, as it absolutely hammers the database (it searches ALL of the posts). I'm going to see if I can speed it up somehow.

Reaction score
Same here but i thought it was just ME so i didn't want to say anything !!! lol :)

Hope you manage to speed things up soon Ian :)

Good luck lol

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh your joking Ian surely you can work around this little problem, I really miss logging on and not seeing how many new posts there are, and how many new posts in my subscribed threads....

Sorry for being a pain..:p But it's the little things like that which are important and keep me coming back every now and again to see if there are any new replys to my threads and other peoples...

It seems like there is something not quite right with the front page now...

Is there any chance we could have it back....Pleeeeeeeeassssse......;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Far too many ;) I'm at home quite alot at the moment as I am writing a bit report up, so I'm online quite alot!

oh yer?

how much is quite a lot?

what is it a 9 to 9 pm job!!!?
lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Is there any chance we could have it back....Pleeeeeeeeassssse......;)

I miss it to, I am going to work on fixing it, but I haven't figured out how I can yet. I'm going to try hard to get it working, so give me a few days and I'll see what I can do :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
oh yer?

how much is quite a lot?

what is it a 9 to 9 pm job!!!?
lol

I'm up from 8-11:30 working on the report, and I'm on the PC typing it up probably 2/3 of that time :O

Reaction score
wow thats a long time

but then again its got something to do with rocket science so it must be v v big and demands a lot of time!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
wow thats a long time

but then again its got something to do with rocket science so it must be v v big and demands a lot of time!

Yeah unfortunatly :( Its good fun, but hard work! Only 4 weeks till its over for this year though!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, its back for now :) Took a while to fix that, but the server load should be reduced now.

I'm monitoring how that page works, as it took a bit of PHP trickery to get it to do that, so if loads go up I'll have to remove it.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ooooh good stuff Ian.... don't worry i know how much work you put into this site..24/7 and then some...used to run a busy site a few years back and the work load was never ending and very tiresome..

so your efforts do not go unnoticed....i think everybody who visits this site has a fair idea of the workload that your under what with your studies as well...

I hope you have a well earned break in a few weeks mate cause i know you and your missus becky deserve it...if we do all meet up in the summer for a reunion then i'll definitley be spotting you and Bex a drink..for providing me with many hours of entertainment and sometimes a bloody good laugh....:D

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Ooooh good stuff Ian.... don't worry i know how much work you put into this site..24/7 and then some...used to run a busy site a few years back and the work load was never ending and very tiresome..

so your efforts do not go unnoticed....i think everybody who visits this site has a fair idea of the workload that your under what with your studies as well...

I hope you have a well earned break in a few weeks mate cause i know you and your missus becky deserve it...if we do all meet up in the summer for a reunion then i'll definitley be spotting you and Bex a drink..for providing me with many hours of entertainment and sometimes a bloody good laugh....:D

well said :D :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
crazylegs said:

That's so nice! :D

There will definitely be a meet up - perhaps one in Manchester for the Northerners and one in London for the Southerners?

It would be very nice to meet y'all ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks crazylegs :blush: :)

The plan is to have a really good summer, packed full of going out with a big holiday somewhere, as it's Beckys last summer before started the world of work.

I'm really looking forward to getting a PCR meet sorted at some point in the summer, should provide quite a few laughs :D

Ask a Question