takes about 5 tries to get email to send from windows mail

neets

Hi, I keep receiving an error message when i attempt to send email. It
continues to occur as I try to resend several times, and then eventually for
some reason does send. It's driving me nuts! please help?
error message:
inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'web networks', Server:
'smtp.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

oh and I tried enabling the ssl but that didn't help so went back to
unchecking it. I'm using windows mail on vista..

mac

neets said:
Hi, I keep receiving an error message when i attempt to send email. It
continues to occur as I try to resend several times, and then eventually
for
some reason does send. It's driving me nuts! please help?
error message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'web networks', Server:
'smtp.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

oh and I tried enabling the ssl but that didn't help so went back to
unchecking it. I'm using windows mail on vista..

Which Anti Virus software do you have installed?
Try disabling the Mail Scan option for both outgoing and incoming mail.

neets

I'm using Avast, and I unchecked the outgoing mail scanning and it seems to
have solved the problem. thank you!!!

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

.

mac

neets said:
I'm using Avast, and I unchecked the outgoing mail scanning and it seems
have solved the problem. thank you!!!

Good, but you might find that an update enables the feature again?

You might find that uninstalling Avast, then re-installing it again, using
the "Custom" option, and disabling the mail scan feature altogether is
better?

uky

mac said:
neets said:
I'm using Avast, and I unchecked the outgoing mail scanning and it seems
have solved the problem. thank you!!!

Good, but you might find that an update enables the feature again?

You might find that uninstalling Avast, then re-installing it again, using
the "Custom" option, and disabling the mail scan feature altogether is
better?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

.

JS

same with AVG?

mac said:
neets said:
I'm using Avast, and I unchecked the outgoing mail scanning and it seems
have solved the problem. thank you!!!

Good, but you might find that an update enables the feature again?

You might find that uninstalling Avast, then re-installing it again, using
the "Custom" option, and disabling the mail scan feature altogether is
better?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

.

JS

I have AVG, and am having the same problem. I disabled the outgoing and
incoming, but no difference. Still takes 5 or so tries to send. Receiving is
ok. My msg says something about the authentication setting. If the setting
was wrong,how would it send it anyway?

mac said:
neets said:
I'm using Avast, and I unchecked the outgoing mail scanning and it seems
have solved the problem. thank you!!!

Good, but you might find that an update enables the feature again?

You might find that uninstalling Avast, then re-installing it again, using
the "Custom" option, and disabling the mail scan feature altogether is
better?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

.

Gary VanderMolen

Don't paraphrase the error message. Its exact wording is important to
figuring out what is wrong. Right-click on your error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JS" wrote in message
I have AVG, and am having the same problem. I disabled the outgoing and
incoming, but no difference. Still takes 5 or so tries to send. Receiving is
ok. My msg says something about the authentication setting. If the setting
was wrong,how would it send it anyway?

Revelation44

I get the same thing with Windows Live Mail:

inactivity.

Subject 'Back Decompression Belt issues'
Server: 'smtp.broadband.rogers.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10053

Gary VanderMolen

According to your provider:
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=search&Ntt=nl
you should be using port 587 without SSL for the outgoing server.

"Revelation44" wrote in message
I get the same thing with Windows Live Mail:

inactivity.

Subject 'Back Decompression Belt issues'