System freezes up

Hi Everyone

Windows XP Pro SP2

It takes a bit to start and when it does after about 5 minutes it freezes
up. It does the same in the Safe Mode.

I run the System Configuration, hid All Microsoft Services and disabled the
rest. I also disabled all the Startup item. Restarted the machine and this
made no difference either in Normal or Safe mode.

I run the check disk to repair any bad sector but this did not help either.

Is there anything else I should do to repair this?

Thanks

Best

BillW50

Hi Everyone

Windows XP Pro SP2

It takes a bit to start and when it does after about 5 minutes it
freezes up. It does the same in the Safe Mode.

I run the System Configuration, hid All Microsoft Services and
disabled the rest. I also disabled all the Startup item. Restarted
the machine and this made no difference either in Normal or Safe mode.

I run the check disk to repair any bad sector but this did not help
either.

Is there anything else I should do to repair this?

Thanks

Best

The first thing you need to know is whether or not this is a software or
a hardware problem.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Best,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, please first remove all unnecessary hardware devices and
software to monitor the issue again. Also please try to replace the memory
to see if the issue still occurs.

I also suggest you try to repair Windows XP. For more detail about repair
installation, please refer to link below:
KB315341: How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "BillW50" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: System freezes up
| Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:32:24 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| | > Hi Everyone
| >
| > Windows XP Pro SP2
| >
| > It takes a bit to start and when it does after about 5 minutes it
| > freezes up. It does the same in the Safe Mode.
| >
| > I run the System Configuration, hid All Microsoft Services and
| > disabled the rest. I also disabled all the Startup item. Restarted
| > the machine and this made no difference either in Normal or Safe mode.
| >
| > I run the check disk to repair any bad sector but this did not help
| > either.
| >
| > Is there anything else I should do to repair this?
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Best
|
| The first thing you need to know is whether or not this is a software or
| a hardware problem.
|
| --
| Bill

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Best,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 03:30:02 GMT
| Subject: Re: System freezes up
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello Best,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, please first remove all unnecessary hardware devices and
| software to monitor the issue again. Also please try to replace the
memory
| to see if the issue still occurs.
|
| I also suggest you try to repair Windows XP. For more detail about repair
| installation, please refer to link below:
| KB315341: How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows
XP
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "BillW50" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: System freezes up
| | Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:32:24 -0500
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| |

| | > Windows XP Pro SP2
| | >
| | > It takes a bit to start and when it does after about 5 minutes it
| | > freezes up. It does the same in the Safe Mode.
| | >
| | > I run the System Configuration, hid All Microsoft Services and
| | > disabled the rest. I also disabled all the Startup item. Restarted
| | > the machine and this made no difference either in Normal or Safe mode.
| | >
| | > I run the check disk to repair any bad sector but this did not help
| | > either.
| | >
| | > Is there anything else I should do to repair this?
| | >
| | > Thanks
| | >
| | > Best
| |
| | The first thing you need to know is whether or not this is a software
or
| | a hardware problem.
| |
| | --