Stuck Which Graphics Card To Buy

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying Asus 7800gtx 2hdtv 256MB Nvidia card.Does anyone know if there are any cheaper and just as good,cards to buy?:confused: for a A8N SLI Premium 939 MOTHERBOARD.Thanks for any help

Reaction score
wait 2 weeks

the ati X1900 series is coming out and looks competivie on both price and performance

im not sure on the exact details as ati have been very tight lipped on the subject.

interesting to see what they are like

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
wait 2 weeks

the ati X1900 series is coming out and looks competivie on both price and performance

im not sure on the exact details as ati have been very tight lipped on the subject.

Thanks Potguy,i'm still getting together my first build system once i have,i will post it on here for everyone to check.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
wait 2 weeks

hehe ... if ATI ever produce any driver. :p

Reaction score
lol :p

well at least they are definately monthly, unlike nvidia drivers which tend to come out whenever they feel like doing it.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Gamers graphcs cards are not cheap ... and the manufaturer knows you'll pay through the nose for one. :p

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Gamers graphcs cards are not cheap ... and the manufaturer knows you'll pay through the nose for one. :p
Right,:mad: i already know that but i wanted to know if there was any cheaper cards than 3 or 4 hundred pounds which are still good, if you can't HELP me then which makes should i go for i.e ASUS, AOPEN,ABIT, ETC.........!!!!

muckshifter

Reaction score
CYBERSPACE said:
Right,:mad: i already know that but i wanted to know if there was any cheaper cards than 3 or 4 hundred pounds which are still good, if you can't HELP me then which makes should i go for i.e ASUS, AOPEN,ABIT, ETC.........!!!!
Nope ... I cannot help you.

:rolleyes:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
good makes, leadtek, BFG, Asus, Sapphire, Powercolor and HIS that i can think of

if you dont want to spend £3-400 then how much do you want to spend ? the X800GTO2 is an amazing card for its value ~£250

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
good makes, leadtek, BFG, Asus, Sapphire, Powercolor and HIS that i can think of

if you dont want to spend £3-400 then how much do you want to spend ? the X800GTO2 is an amazing card for its value ~£250
THANK AT LAST MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED:):thumb: Mucks:rolleyes:

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Mucks must be in a time wasting mood today!!!
Yes I am ... today and every other day.

Especially for time waisters ... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
CYBERSPACE said:
Please no slag off this is a family website
You better quit while your in front then ... I don't alter my posts.

;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
CYBERSPACE said:
I was thinking of forum rules, are we still mates (shakes mucks hand);)
I wrote the 'rules' no quote needed ... but yes, I suggest we stop now.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Here follows a change of subject...

The x1800xt 512mb is in the same price bracket as the 7800gtx 256mb, and consistently outperforms it. It is better at running simultaneous HDR and antialiasing, and its A 512MB CARD for God's sake!

I got a GeForce 6 card last time, but this time I'm going with ATI because they have actually pushed things forward a bit in terms of HDR capability. GeForce have basically just popped another 8 pipelines on a 6800ultra and branded it a new series. Granted, in terms of raw power the 512mb gtx is the best card going, but it's certainly too expensive.

I don't think the press have appropriately gotten onto the fact that only the X1800XT properly supports HDR. In the last GPU war, the x800 was faster, but the 6800gt was unanimously agreed to be the better card for it's SM3 support. As soon as more HDR games come out, the x1800xt is gonna get alot more respect.

EDIT: Maybe go with the 256mb GTX if you plan on doing SLI, but personaly I'm NOT because it's so noisy, hot, and power consuming.

EDIT EDIT: I SERIOUSLY wouldn't consider a x800gto2 if you have more money. It doesn't even support SM3, let alone HDR. It will struggle with the likes of COD2 and FEAR, and will DIE with future games like Elderscrolls: Oblivion and Unreal tourniment 2007.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CYBERSPACE said:

Ooooooooooooooooooo-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, get you sweetie, keep your hair on :p

Right, what's your budget? Bear in mind you only get you pay for, mostly.

Reaction score
If you have 450, get a 7800gtx 512mb.

If you have 350, get an x1800xt 512mb.

If you have 250, get a 7800gt 256mb.

If you have 160, get a 6800gs 256mb.

If you have 125, get a X800gto2

If you have 80, get a 6600 256mb

If you have 50, start saving.

There! And you can't really go wrong with any of the manufacturers - its the package that comes with it that matters. You might just want to get the model with the phattest fan and the best free game.

EDIT: I'm getting an x1800xt 512mb, because it's the best priced high end card. The 7800gt is still the best bang for buck, though.

Last edited:

Ask a Question