Strange message

S

schupo31

Lately, whenever I start Windows XP HE I get a warning message, 'Windows can not start BackWeb-8876480.exe' without further explanation. How can I get rid of this? Or is it something important to have running in the background?
Who can shed some light on this?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Rudolf H.

Y

Yves Leclerc

Backweb is considered to be spyware and is included with most Logitech
hardware products.

V

Vagabond Software

Execute regedit from the Start-Run textbox. In the Registry Editor:

1. Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run branch.
2. Select Export from the File menu and save the exported registry branch in a safe place, such as a folder named "My Documents\Backup\Registry".
3. Find the references to backweb in the right-hand pane, right-click the entry, and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
4. Collapse the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch and browse to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run branch.
5. Take a look at the entries for this branch and make sure backweb is not one of them. If it is, delete it.
6. Close the registry.

The next time you reboot, you should have no problems with Logitech's backweb.

carl
Lately, whenever I start Windows XP HE I get a warning message, 'Windows can not start BackWeb-8876480.exe' without further explanation. How can I get rid of this? Or is it something important to have running in the background?
Who can shed some light on this?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Rudolf H.

Ask a Question