Stormy Today?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The sky here is black in one direction and sooooo windy - storm time I guess!

Is it the same for others in the UK here?

Reaction score
Wet & Windy

At Gatwick the wind has stopped, now just chucking down with rain.
Met Office report is windy today & possibly Saturday.
Seems some of you in the North may get snow?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, its blowing a gale here!! :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just got a call from a friend at the other side of Manchester, and builders are filming a crane outside his house as they think it could blow over and there isn't anything they can do about it!

Reaction score
You really would've thought something like that wouldn't happen, plenty of notice to high gales, why didn't they take the crane down before these winds came.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
so far we've lost one of our tree's and some tiles off the roof and the power went down for about 45 mins:(

Reaction score
Yeah a crane came down in Liverpool yesterday i think it was. One guy died and another was trapped between two buildings in his cab. They have now been ordered not to access the cranes while gales are blowing throughout the whole of the liverpool area.

Also due to the high winds Cheshire oaks shopping outlet village has been closed due to fear and safety of the shoppers with roof tiles and alikes. Crazy!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Very windy here with intermittent rain. Electric lights keep fluttering as well.

Reaction score
My Mother has just had a lucky escape, she had just driven past a large tree that fell as she went passed!

Seems the local Council are now swinging into disaster mode & clearing them on a priority basis.
I can hear the sound of chainsaws as i type.

Reaction score
Had on and off powercuts all day...

Been outside washing my car ready for the auto electrician who is coming tomorrow to fit an aftermarket alarm, immobiliser, remote start and anti car jack system and two way communication pager to it.

Whilst doing so, i could barely think the wind was so loud through the trees that are used to protect the houses from the golf course. Great fun!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
aftermarket alarm, immobiliser, remote start and anti car jack system and two way communication pager to it.
Do you live in a high risk area then?:confused:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We've just been sent home from work! No choice in the matter! :eek:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Do you live in a high risk area then?:confused:

No, quite the contrary - very low risk... but i overheard some guys in the car park at work the other night talking about "doing that red peugeot over"

So i bought an alarm.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
No, quite the contrary - very low risk... but i overheard some guys in the car park at work the other night talking about "doing that red peugeot over"

So i bought an alarm.
Probably just talk & to think in a few months time you will be able to nick them!:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok here in N.Staffs

My grove looks like a war zone , fence panels blown away, tiles scattered ..but mine is fine ...I always use a few to many nails and bags of cement when doing DIY..hehehe...glad i did now
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question