Storm Ophelia

Reaction score
News channels are reporting that Storm Ophelia is battering the UK and Ireland with gusts of up to 80mph.

The storm, which was previously classified as a hurricane as it made its way across the Atlantic, comes exactly 30 years after the Great Storm of 1987 killed 18 people.

So are you feeling its effects too?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Sanjeev :).

I live in the North-West and although it was very windy, it doesn't look like we were hit to hard in my area - Ireland looks like it bore the brunt though :(.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I live on the eastern side of England and, although it is very windy, it is not a major problem. The storm has hit Ireland and is now heading up to the west of Scotland where it is expected to be fierce. Then it will carry on northwards and hit the Shetlands and Orkneys.

Yesterday we had the very red sun which is due to Saharan sand being whisked up into the atmosphere. It looked very unusual. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
it's a loverly sunnyshining day here in Southport, a bit of a breeze, but nothing to write home about. :)

Ask a Question