stopped showing the source code

aa

My IE6 on w2k suddenly stopped showing the source code through View-Source.
Just nothing happens.
In the Tools-Internet Options -Programs I still have Notepad as an HTML
editor
Notepad itself is working fine.
Same thing repeated on another computer three weeks later.
Why and how this can be fixed?

DVarnau

aa

Thanks, Don.

It was indeed the shotcau to Notepad.

Everything returned back to normal as soon as I renamed it

DVarnau said:
1. Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Options> General> Delete files (and delete
offline content.) It's often recommended that the TIF folder be kept at
about 50 MB. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

2. If you have a shortcut to Notepad.exe on the desktop, rename it.

3. Is notepad.exe undamaged and installed to the proper directory?

Additional information at
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#view_source
and
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/iescrcod.htm

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com