Spooky Mouse

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I thought i heard this name back in my gamespy heydays, but upon looking at ol support forums i saw his name. what ever happened to him? any one remeber him? he was funny :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
and not just spooks, what about 1nterger and cacheman they stayed around for quite a while and reefsmoker is not as common as he used too. :( Too bad wish they drop by

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dunno about Spooky but 1nteger actually announced he wouldn't be stopping by this forum any more a whiles ago (what makes people make that decision? Hell, you could pop in once a month or whatever); Cacheman is now running his own Forum and I have not a clue about reefsmoker, last thing I remember from him was his fancy dress pix.

People come, people go, people return.

Such is the nature of forums.

Kinda like real life, really, when you think about it.

Reaction score
yer I remember them all

integer if my mind serves me correctly was a member from jan 2003
a month before I joined up
didnt know he didnt want to come back.

spookymouse was a character and a half

reefsmoker was aswell

remember kgb 911?
wonder wat he is up to

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
yes i do remeber kgb :D
i wonder why 1nteger doesnt want to be in the forums anymore :(
hey flops, what site does cacheman go to now?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Alf said:
hey flops, what site does cacheman go to now?
He runs his own called Cache-community - I joined when he first set-up, but seems I've been filtered out since due to inactivity :D

Edit: just been scouting around as a guest - doesn't appear to be much activity there of late :(

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
1nt does pop back from time to time, I think he's just a busy guy :) Not seen spooky mouse for a while, but reefsmoka does pop in from time to time :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
He was on earlier this month, so he still pops in from time to time :)

Reaction score
Hi Ian:wave:

Been very busy doing:user:...but unfortunately at work:(
Had a few problems that kept me away from the forums and writing reviews:mad:
Built loads of machines for peeps and been providing tech support for the most stupid reasons - often 'cos of kids downloading malware and stuff:wall:
Upgraded my own machine a few times -still trying to sort out watercooling:blush:
Lost my access names and passwords for blogs and can't get recover them:wall:
Just installed Vista and become a bit more interested in forums:nod:
Will keep an eye on posts and try and offer some support if I can:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's great to see you around again :D There's quite a few on here have made the jump to Vista (myself included), and I'm liking it more as the days go by :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Welcome back mate, nice spec you got! :thumb:

Reaction score
Thx V_R:thumb:

I notice from your system photos in the gallery that your about as messy as me when it comes to wiring:( and you seem to like big coolers...

you have a Zalman cooler on your CPU - you favour them?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Good to see you 1nteger! can we expect a review or two ? :)

Reaction score
Alf said:
Good to see you 1nteger! can we expect a review or two ? :)

Maybe - I have just bought an Asus Silent Square Pro hsf. I'm currently using the stock cooler on my E6600 chip but still getting a very stable 33% overclock (3.2GHz up from 2.4GHz) by simply tweaking the FSB and multiplier (400MHz x8). BIOS and Asus Probe II are reporting idle temp of around 31C which seems pretty good. I'm keen to see what I can get by adding my new hsf and I've been alittle confused by the package contents and installation instructions...so maybe I could do a short review of the process to show things to look out for and the results, to see if it's worth the extra cost and effort.

I'm building a rig for someone this weekend, but i may be able to fit something in.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
1nteger said:
Thx V_R:thumb:

I notice from your system photos in the gallery that your about as messy as me when it comes to wiring:( and you seem to like big coolers...

you have a Zalman cooler on your CPU - you favour them?
Messy!? :eek::)

I thought i done quite well with cabling. The Antec 900 is quite good as it has the two cable clips on the back panel beside the MB to hold down the cables. :)

Its not mega tidy but the cable dont affect the airflow at all as they are all well out of the way of the fans and airflow etc.

You sure it was my rig you were looking at? I dont think i could be arsed to sleeve the cables as i'll probably upgrade again soon. ;)

The Zalmans good, not the best but good without being to big. :)

Ask a Question