SP3 software conflict-error message

cabinjj

I am very confused. I just bought a Samsung video camera and th
Cyberlink software included will not install (error messag
at-installing fonts). I turned off virus and all other programs, ra
registry cleaner and did everything I could think of to install th
software. Contacted Samsung and much to my dismay, they told me it i
my problem because I have Windows XP home with SP3 and I should hav
sp2. By the way-no where on the box or in the instructions did Samsun
indicate I needed sp2. That is another story about that company an
it's call center.

Is SP3 the latest or is SP2 the latest? I really don't know what to do
I am tempted to just take the camera back but thinking I may run int
this with all new software. I have version 5.1 service pack 3. 2007.
have used automatic updates and thought I had the latest version. Wha
should I do? I really don't know that I want to go "back" to Sp2 an
frankly don't know if I want to, or can, do it. Help!

cabinjj

I am taking it back. Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

'Jim[_30_ said:
;3329637']XP SP3 is the latest...
I would take it back.
Jim
"cabinjj" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I am very confused. I just bought a Samsung video camera and the
Cyberlink software included will not install (error message
at-installing fonts). I turned off virus and all other programs, ran
registry cleaner and did everything I could think of to install the
software. Contacted Samsung and much to my dismay, they told me it is
my problem because I have Windows XP home with SP3 and I should have
sp2. By the way-no where on the box or in the instructions did
Samsung
indicate I needed sp2. That is another story about that company and
it's call center.

Is SP3 the latest or is SP2 the latest? I really don't know what to
do.
I am tempted to just take the camera back but thinking I may run into
this with all new software. I have version 5.1 service pack 3. 2007.
have used automatic updates and thought I had the latest version.
What
should I do? I really don't know that I want to go "back" to Sp2 and
frankly don't know if I want to, or can, do it. Help!!

Jim

I am very confused. I just bought a Samsung video camera and the
Cyberlink software included will not install (error message
at-installing fonts). I turned off virus and all other programs, ran
registry cleaner and did everything I could think of to install the
software. Contacted Samsung and much to my dismay, they told me it is
my problem because I have Windows XP home with SP3 and I should have
sp2. By the way-no where on the box or in the instructions did Samsung
indicate I needed sp2. That is another story about that company and
it's call center.

Is SP3 the latest or is SP2 the latest? I really don't know what to do.
I am tempted to just take the camera back but thinking I may run into
this with all new software. I have version 5.1 service pack 3. 2007. I
have used automatic updates and thought I had the latest version. What
should I do? I really don't know that I want to go "back" to Sp2 and
frankly don't know if I want to, or can, do it. Help!!

SP3 incorporates SP2 .