So, I've just had Laser Eye Surgery

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Finally had the second bandage lens out this morning, no more antibiotic this that and the other drops, lenses or silly eye shields at night! :D

I can drink again! :dance:

Gotta take it easy still really, but all is well. :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Good one VR :thumb: I've also considered the surgery but am far to cowardly I think :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can you believe its a month today since i had my eyes done already!? :eek:

While i'm here just a quick update to say the dryness is almost gone now, i dont need the drops much at all now, but i do still do them, more out of habit now i think...! It's good to do it when i'm having a drink too, and alcohol dehydrates you. :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A whole month! :eek: Yes V_R, it's hard to believe so much time has passed already, but it's great to hear that your eyes have healed so well. :thumb:

Do you have to go for any more follow-ups, or are you all done with that now?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah next visit is the end of August, then October, then in six months then a year if i remember correctly....

After that i am all done. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Another quick update....

I had my one year checkup on the 4th of this month with the optometrist.

Looks like i am all good for an enhancement in a few months if all is well. Just need to make sure my prescription is stable.

Going back in October for another check, but as it stands i shall be having it done again soon. :)

If you wondered, this is all covered under the initial payment. Which is another reason i decided to go with LVC. You wouldn't get this kind of treatment with Optimax etc. ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Must be telepathy at work, I've been wondering how you were getting on.:)

Apart from the main sight-advantages, it sounds as if you had a very good treatment "package." It's good to think that the follow-ups etc., were included in the initial cost.

Are you happy with your night-vision? I've read one or two accounts of folk finding it blurry, following laser treatment, so wondered about that.

Must be so great not to need full-time specs. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to hear V_R. Tempted myself tbh. I need reading glasses and driving glasses but vision generally ok for just walking around sortta thing. I need 2 pairs of glassses, therefore, I don't think I could handle bi-focals. So wonder if laser treatment would be suitable for me?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are you happy with your night-vision? I've read one or two accounts of folk finding it blurry, following laser treatment, so wondered about that.

I had some halo's and starbursts for the first few months after, headlights and traffic lights were quite noticeable but now, a year later they have all but gone, Only on occasion do i see a slight starburst to the right, but that is very rare now.

Good to hear V_R. Tempted myself tbh. I need reading glasses and driving glasses but vision generally ok for just walking around sortta thing. I need 2 pairs of glassses, therefore, I don't think I could handle bi-focals. So wonder if laser treatment would be suitable for me?

Maybe go and have a consultation with one of the companies that do it, I personally wouldn't go to a 'high street' one like Optimax or Vision Express. But there are others that i would recommend.

http://www.focusclinics.com/ - They refused me on the basis of my prescription, but i'd still recommend them to others.

www.londonvisionclinic.com/ - Obviously, as they are who i let 'fix' me. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Good to here your doing so well. :thumb: I seem to have missed this thread altogether till now.
How is games playing ???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Cheers AB. :)

Gaming is fine now, i used to get a bit of dry eye playing for the first few months after the surgery, but its fine now.

Only on the rare occasion do i wake up with a little bit of dryness and have to put a few drops in, but thats usually after a good night out. :D

Reaction score
good to hear all going ok & your not being ripped off as some companies do!
dont wear glasses myself yet & only member of the family that does not, i'm lucky.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Cheers AB. :)

Gaming is fine now, i used to get a bit of dry eye playing for the first few months after the surgery, but its fine now.

Only on the rare occasion do i wake up with a little bit of dryness and have to put a few drops in, but thats usually after a good night out. :D

I suffer with Congenital Glaucoma in my right eye, so suffer badly with dry eye's. I use Viscotears Gel, it's a heaven send for sure and I find a lot better than drops ( I have to put 3 different lots of them in each morning ) Viscotears can be got from Boots or local chemist :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's going so well for you VR and totally envious as well... No glasses... sounds like heaven to me :) Asides from vision glasses are only good for 3 things... looking distinguished, looking intelligent, or doing the 'sexy librarian' thing. And I just don't have the right sort of face for the first two, or the right sort of hair for the last one (besides, I never could get that 'slow motion hair toss' thing down). Yep, definitely signs of envy at this end :p

Ask a Question