Snow anyone?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Reindeer and Mushroom pie.

I have read something about reindeer and mushrooms, the red and white spotted kind, but I don't think it was about pies.
laughingsmiley.gif
Mind you it has reminded me that I have a half full freezer of venison which is similar to reinder. :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
REINDEER STEW

To make this stew, very thin, frozen slices of reindeer meat are slowly braised in lots of butter. This dish is typical of Lapland, the northern province of Finland, and is traditionally served with sugared lingonberries or lingonberry jam and potato puree made with Lapland almond potatoes.
700 g frozen reindeer roast
100 g butter
salt
fresh or frozen lingonberries or cranberries or lingonberry jam
Start with cutting the half-frozen reindeer roast into paper thin slices (see picture below). Melt the butter in frying pan.

Slicing a frozen reindeer roast
reindrs2.jpg
arrow2.gif
reindrs3.jpg

When the butter is hot, cook the meat slices in it in batches, stirring until the excess moisture has evaporated. Do not brown the meat. Transfer the cooked slices in a saucepan. Repeat with the remaining meat slices. Season with salt. Traditionally no other seasonings are used — or indeed needed — to flavour this stew.

Rinse the frying pan with a dash of water and pour the water on the meat in the saucepan. Cover the pan with lid and let the stew simmer for a short while. Reindeer roast is very tender and does not have to be cooked for a long time.

Mix fresh berries with sugar and let stand until the sugar has melted. Bring frozen berries to the boil in saucepan with some sugar to taste. Stir gently until the sugar has melted. Serve with the stew.

Serving suggestion:
Spoon some potato puree on the middle of plate. Top the puree with reindeer stew and sugared lingonberries or jam like in the picture below.
Serves 2 - 4.

reindrst.jpg

( From http://www.saunalahti.fi/~marian1/gourmet/finnish.htm )

Reaction score
The boy stood on the burning deck he was all a quiver,

He shook so much his b###s fell of and floated down the river.:D

You! leave those Reindeer alone Santa can`t do his rounds without them on c####### eve:)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
itsme said:
You! leave those Reindeer alone Santa can`t do his rounds without them on c####### eve:)

Difficult... very difficult. My favourite pizza:

2639179323_b6ae6a054c.jpg

Smoked reindeer & chanterelles.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
That looks nice.

Poor Santa he will have to use horses instead. Clip Clop Clop three legged ones Ahhhhhhh.............;)

Reaction score
Reindeer you feeling alrite?

In that case...
Make mine a Jack Russel with chips!!!

Ask a Question