Slow Startup

G

The last 2 weeks, my computer (pentium 4 2.8C, Windows XP Home Edition) shows a long (up to 2 minutes) delay starting up. I had run BootVis Microsoft and the program reported a "Boot Done" after 25 seconds and then it tooks 82 seconds for "Logon and Services". I disabled all non microsoft services in msconfig and still the same. I disabled all services and startup is quick. Can someone tell me how to track the service that causing the delay?

K

Kim Aku

Just passing by, and in the absence of a Proper MVP reply:
I don't know where to look for more specific answers, but
if you've changed any networking stuff, Windows may be
waiting for some network resource that it thinks it needs,
or for DHCP to assign a network address...?

G

Hat up for a real expert! I followed your hint and went to my Network Connections, Local Area Connection (I have ADSL and my network device is anIntel pro/1000 , embedded in my MotherBoard).I klicked on Properties and then Properties of the TCP/IP . I changed the automatic setting and typed in IP address and Subnet mask. My computer starts fast as before!
I really would like to know the reason of the needed change
Thank you for passing by - I wish you to pass by so successful when the lottery jackpot will be called.

Ask a Question