simple problem, but annoying

Reaction score
hey

this is a simple problem proabably a click of a button.

well the problem is when i leave my pc running after a certain amount of time i go to the screen which has my acount name and my picture it also says '3 programmes runnin....' etc

and in order to get to the start menu i have to click on my user name. obvioulsy this only happens when im away from my pc. i am usuing xp

does any1 know how i can rid of this screen? so that everytime i am away from my pc and when i come back i just want to be with my background with the start menu?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You have the screen saver on!

Right click on desktop>>Properties>>Screen Saver. Use the menu to disable it. I hope this the solution you were after, correct me if I am wrong in my assumption.

Reaction score
no you dont want to disable the screensave, what you want to do is untick the option that says display welcome screen or on resume, password protect...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Could you just run through how to do what you suggest? I seem to be constantly logging in the password as I frequently leave the computer for a few mins to do other things and then go back.

Please remember it is me you are taling to here (!!!!!!!! you will know what I mean) and take this step by step, I will then be able to follow and action.

By the way, what are you up to post Y11? Hope all is going well 4 u!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hey... See the attached screenshot. The one with the circle around it is the one to untick i think.

It should just automatically quit your screensaver and take you back to whatever your doing instead of locking the workstation.

College is good thanks - taking AVCE Double ICT and Business Studies - 12 lessons of ICT a week!! its all good though... i wrote my first program today! using...wait for it.... Turbo Pascal! it was an automatic are of circle calculator i.e. feed it a radius and it chucks out an area... complex stuff ;)

It's good - lots of free time to go into town with mates...err... i mean study :D much more enjoyable too. Can't get over calling teachers by first names either... weird.

Chris

oh btw if you dont know how to get to that screen in the pic, right click on an empty part of your desktop, click properties and then select the Screen Saver tab. Good luck!

Chris

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 145

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Thanks for that.

Glad college going well - sounds pretty complex but I am sure that you are up to the challenge!!!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
thanks for the quick response ill leave my pc now and hope it does the trick!!!

:)

Reaction score
yes cracked it. such a simple problem and the click of a button to solve it!!

thanks

Ask a Question