Strange boot glitch

Reaction score
Well practically this weird graphical glitch started after i moved from my old flat to the new one, prior to that the pc never had this problem.

Basically what happens is , everytime i start my pc on the boot screen i get these glitches on my screen similar : Streeks of line across the screen , small blocks appears as scrambled lines all over the screen.

If i dont reboot i get a blue screen of death before i even get to windows.

Rebooting fixes the problem and after the a new reboot the screen is normal again, sometime i have to reboot 3x time for it to works.

It does not seem to affect my games , i play heavy duty hungry 3d games such as oblivion or half life II and no problems in that area.

So im wondering what could be causing this?

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Sometimes you can get those sort of problems if the video card or memory has come unseated during the move. If you're OK about going inside your PC, try re-seating the video card and RAM sticks.

Reaction score
Ill try it now m8.

Electronics & Photo Fan said:
Sometimes you can get those sort of problems if the video card or memory has come unseated during the move. If you're OK about going inside your PC, try re-seating the video card and RAM sticks.

Reaction score
Hi mate.

I've seen funny behaviour like this when the pins on the monitor interface connecter are damaged/bent.

You easily can isolate this problem by;
a) Trying a different monitor with your PC
b) Trying your GFX card in a different PC.
c) Trying a different GFX card in your PC.

If the problem still exists after you've tried 'C' - then your board might be unhappy.
If you get to this point, I would remove reseat EVERYthing in your motherboard.

Good Luck! :)

Ask a Question