"Setup is out of memory and cannot continue." ERROR . . .

Koray ONART

Dear All,

I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro to my laptop on network,

At the begining everthing seems OK (such as it can connect to shared network
source), but when XP Pro dos setup starts and trying to copy setup files I
am getting "Setup is out of memory and cannot continue." error?

Have you any idea about this issue?

By the way the laptop has 512 Mb. ram and 40 gb. disk,

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Koray,
How are you starting setup? Winnt.exe?
How are booting to MS-DOS?
How much free RAM is available under 640K( there needs to be a minimum or
440K)?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: "Koray ONART" <[email protected]>
<Subject: "Setup is out of memory and cannot continue." ERROR . . .
<Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:11:04 +0300
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
<
<Dear All,
<
<I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro to my laptop on network,
<
<At the begining everthing seems OK (such as it can connect to shared
network
<source), but when XP Pro dos setup starts and trying to copy setup files I
<am getting "Setup is out of memory and cannot continue." error?
<
<Have you any idea about this issue?
<
<By the way the laptop has 512 Mb. ram and 40 gb. disk,
<
<
<

Ron Martell

Koray ONART said:
Dear All,

I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro to my laptop on network,

At the begining everthing seems OK (such as it can connect to shared network
source), but when XP Pro dos setup starts and trying to copy setup files I
am getting "Setup is out of memory and cannot continue." error?

Have you any idea about this issue?

By the way the laptop has 512 Mb. ram and 40 gb. disk,

Are you doing an upgrade install or are you installing on a newly
formatted empty hard drive using a network boot disk?

Try copying the \i386 folder and contents from the network drive to
the laptop's hard drive and then running the install from the hard
drive.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--