chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Hi my setup is currently:

amd xp 3200+
asrock k7vt6 mb
512 pc333 ram
nvidia geforce fx5200 agp gc

I would like to know how i can setup a dual monitor system as i have a spare monitor lying around. Will i need to buy a second gc or is there an adapter that i can buy so i can hook my second monitor to my comp? Also i would like it so i dont just get a copy of the image on the first screen i would like there to be an option of having different windows open on the dirrerent screens.

thanks in advance

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
There are two but they are different i remember hearing that the second one is for higher quality monitors i think it is a digital output (sopund right?) so there i one standard monitor port and one different one and a tv-out port

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
digital or DVI port, im pretty sure you have a second VGA monitor so assuming that all you need is a DVI to VGA adaptor and you should be up and away

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok thanks i wil look into getting one of those adapters btu will that enable me to have to different desktops showing (one on each screen)?

Ask a Question