Send but cannot receive with second email account

Zubenelgenubi

I have two accounts and can send with both but only receive with one. Have
tested both by sending to and from to each other and all combinations
thereafter, and the emails are arriving at my webmail box via my provider,
but they are not coming to my windows mail. Any ideas? Tks Z

Zubenelgenubi

I need to add that the second account has been established with my provider
to run off my primary webmail account and has it's own username and password
(not sure if that helps or not) Rgds Z

Zubenelgenubi said:
I have two accounts and can send with both but only receive with one. Have
tested both by sending to and from to each other and all combinations
thereafter, and the emails are arriving at my webmail box via my provider,
but they are not coming to my windows mail. Any ideas? Tks Z

Have you set the email programs for both accounts so that they don't
automatically tell the email server to delete any email they've already
downloaded? Telling the server to keep the email until 5 days after
you've downloaded it is usually enough to let the other computer
download it also.

Also, a few email providers assume that any email program that
uploads email does not need to download a copy of it, so check for
signs of that also.

Robert Miles

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

What happens when you have Windows Mail check mail for that account only?
Is there an error message, or does it simply say "No new messages"?

Perhaps you or the provider needs to 'toggle a switch' or something to enable
POP access for that second account. For some mail providers, POP access is
an optional service which needs to be configured on the webmail page of
the account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)