Seen any good films lately?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I love going to the cinema to see a good film! :)

There's something about seeing films on the big screen that is so different from watching them at home, although I can't put my finger on it.

The last film I saw at the cinema was The Corpse Bride, which was great! There are a few other apparently good films out that I've yet to see - The Constant Gardener, for example, has had really good reviews. I'm also looking forward to The Libertine (although I don't think I'll be able to drag Ian along!) and the new Harry Potter (which comes out tomorrow).

It just got me wondering... have you seen any good films recently?

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I havent seen any movies recently, none of them interest me :)

Reaction score
Wait for it> wait for it>!!!!

The last film I went to see at a cinema was "Crocodile Dundee" in 1986 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
He he, I'm guessing neither of you are real cinema goers then!

Anyone else??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm with you Bex - films are much better viewed at the cinema.

Last film I saw was Nanny McPhee a couple of weeks ago, took my girlfriends friends kids, didn't think I'd enjoy it being a kids film, but it was fun - a cross between Mary Poppins and Cinderella.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I'm with you Bex - films are much better viewed at the cinema.

Last film I saw was Nanny McPhee a couple of weeks ago, took my girlfriends friends kids, didn't think I'd enjoy it being a kids film, but it was fun - a cross between Mary Poppins and Cinderella.

I saw a trailer for that, it looked a little odd but good! It is a film for kids though, I have no excuse to see it :(

One film I am really looking forward to seeing is the Harry Potter film, although I'm going to wait until the crowds have died down a little ;)

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I saw a trailer for that, it looked a little odd but good! It is a film for kids though, I have no excuse to see it :(

One film I am really looking forward to seeing is the Harry Potter film, although I'm going to wait until the crowds have died down a little ;)

It will be televised soon:p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The film I'm really waiting to see is The Chronicles of Narnia - loved all the books and the trailer looks great:thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The film I'm really waiting to see is The Chronicles of Narnia - loved all the books and the trailer looks great:thumb:

Yes, that does look good :)

I heard that Beowulf the film is also in production - should be worth a look too!

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
This is a very sad admission, so I apologise in advance, but the last film I went to see was .....

... The Dukes Of Hazzard :blush:

As you might have gathered I have a somewhat "different" sense of humour, and parts of it made me howl with laughter!:D

I'm going to get my medication now.....

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Anyone seen Mrs Henderson Presents? (or something similar) - saw the trailer and wondered if it was worth seeing...

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
CITech said:
This is a very sad admission, so I apologise in advance, but the last film I went to see was .....

... The Dukes Of Hazzard :blush:

As you might have gathered I have a somewhat "different" sense of humour, and parts of it made me howl with laughter!:D

I'm going to get my medication now.....

LOL, yeah, I've avoided seeing that film because I loved the TV program so much when I was a kid. It wouldn't matter how good it actually was, it would be bound to be a dissappointment. Besides, you'll never convince me that anyone else could play Daisy duke and actually get away with it! uh-uh *shakes head*

But, although I loved the General Lee my heart was swooped away by KIT the transam *Aaaahhhhh:)* Now who could compete with that!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yeah, just recently it occured to the local hoyts to wonder why anyone would want to sit cramped up in narrow seats with their knees up under their chins to be 'ENTERTAINED" when they could do the same thing, comfortably at home with a bunch of friends, a stack of DVD's & a pizza.
And someone proposed the radical notion that perhaps it might be a good idea to have fewwer seats that were comfortable than more seats that were empty. And BOY DID IT WORK!!! Their new seats are litterally comfy, reclining armcahairs, with so much space between the rows that the guy behind you would have to stand up to kick you in the back & people are flocking to the movies in droves, it's great!

The last film I saw...? The name's gone right out of my head but it was a production line piece about an AI stealth aircraft that decides to eliminate the human threat etc etc. Great fun but not memorable. But then that night I was out to be entertained, not enlightened, so it suited us well:D.

Reaction score
I sat and watched a DVD that I've had for ages and never watched. Black Hawk Down. IMHO I thought it was a great film. So much so that I felt compelled to do some research and find out more about the raid. Ultimately there are obvious ommissions, but if you are interested found a good site at Black Hawk Down: An American War Story that includes video footage, radio transmissions and interviews with the guys involved.

Reaction score
I like watching certain movies at the flicks - things like LOTR - basically things with spectacular effects. However, the thing that puts me off even about these is their length often leaves me wanting to go to the loo half way through. That's why I tend to collect DVDs and savour those weekends or evenings when I can just chill and watch at my own pace. Latest DVd purchase was War of the Worlds...missed that at the cinema though.

Reaction score
cirianz said:
The last film I saw...? The name's gone right out of my head but it was a production line piece about an AI stealth aircraft that decides to eliminate the human threat etc etc. Great fun but not memorable. But then that night I was out to be entertained, not enlightened, so it suited us well:D.

Wasn't it just called 'Stealth'? (I think your summary review is right on the mark)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Took my little girl to see Wallace and Gromit the curse of the wererabbit couple of weeks ago and i loved it, so did my little girl... (i think) ha ha...:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Last two films I see at the cinema were LOTR 3 & It's all gone Pete Tong, both of which I enjoyed a lot.

Meant to go and see the last Star Wars but never got round to it, it's out on DVD now I believe.

Looking forward to the Narnia film, I must have read The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe at least 32 times since I aged 7.

Seeing films at the cinema definitely adds something, just the sound system alone makes it a good experience. I usually go to Greenwich Filmworks, a multi screen complex.

Reaction score
Hacksaw Ridge and Sully were both excellent movies. I highly recommend both of them.

Ask a Question