Harry Potter Mania?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Chris just reminded me about this in his RIAT thread... Harry Potter...

Are there many big fans here? So many people I know are excited about the final book coming out at the weekend.

I'm not too fussed personally, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it after Becky has devoured it in a matter of hours!

I did see the latest film last week and it's quite good :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Holding a hand up here... I'm a Potter fan :D My only gripe is that the books are so thick, they are too heavy to read in bed without risking a concussion if you happen to nod off :lol: I think the films are wonderfully true to the books, "Hogwarts" looksreally magical and atmospheric, very clever effects. :thumb: :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I really dont see what all the fuss is about....
confused005.gif

Potter 'mania' has never got hold of me.. :p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I am very excited about the next book coming out :D

I've warned Ian that I will be reading non-stop next weekend... ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've got the first four movies on DVD I really enjoyed them, although I thought the 3rd one, Prisoner of Azkaban, was a bit weak.

I only have one book, Prisoner Of Azkaban, Picked it up for 30p when the local library had a clearout. But I don't want to read that without reading the first two.

I notice on Amazon that there are 'adult' versions of the books, I'm wondering what the difference is?

I'll probably just search the charity shops and second hand bookshops to find copies, I really don't like paying full price ;)

Right now I'm reading Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve which is a kid's book and really rather good :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
I really dont see what all the fuss is about....
confused005.gif

Potter 'mania' has never got hold of me.. :p

I'm with him ^^

....Even after a recent tour of Oxford University, where alot of the scenes were filmed!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I'm afraid I've never really been into it myself, although I do enjoy the movies (don't tell my daughter though, she's been trying to convert me for years)
My daughter is a rabid Potter fan, if you've not guessed, & ended up on the news here last year when she was one of the first to get in the main bookshop here at the last release (all dressed up in costume of course).

By the way, she said to tell you, there's actually no difference between the Adult & childs versions except that they wanted to market to the audience that didn't want to be seen reading a 'kids book' so popped out an 'adult version' with a different cover :lol:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
First movie was interesting
then i never bothered watching the others :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
urm yeah :confused: ???

no idea whats so good about it ? read about 4 lines of the first book and got bored lol, seen the first movie, again not for me

sol

Reaction score
ile be at asda at midnight lol...got all dvds/read each book about 6 times each-totally addicted & yes i know its supposed to be just the kids going mad about it but this granny still a kid at heart

Reaction score
It's just been on Sky News Asda are going to be selling the new book for a fiver.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well thats just ridiculous surely it costs more to publish the book at cost than Asda are selling it for at retail, I pity the small Bookshops, this sort of thing will put them out of business leaving just the supermarkets to charge what they like...:(

Reaction score
I don’t know man why I was not impressed or got attached to Harry Potter. I thought Lord of the ring was more interesting to watch than Harry Potter, but that is just my thought.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well my daughter's bouncing. She was first in line also so she got to open the box PLUS she won the costume contest & got her copy for free. So she is absolutely hyper & already has three different Fan fics brewing :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Well my daughter's bouncing. She was first in line also so she got to open the box PLUS she won the costume contest & got her copy for free. So she is absolutely hyper & already has three different Fan fics brewing :lol:

Woot! :thumb:

Good news gal :)

Ask a Question