Secondhand PC game prices

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Popped into Gamestation today whilst out doing a spot of shopping..

I was very surprised at some of the prices of pre-owned games, I looked at quite a few and almost all of them were £5 and upwards, these were 10 year old games average with the likes of rollercoaster tycoon and star trek..

I then popped into Game which is in the precinct and saw they had brand new games in sealed boxes for the same prices, games like Medal of honour, ARMA, Call of duty and others, some were even buy 3 for £10 new.

Come to the conclusion that you must have ya wits about you nowadays when looking for the odd bargain because you can pick up new what other shops are selling for old tatty pre-owned's at the same price!

Couple of games I sold on fleabay a while back were Diablo and Diablo II
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw the price of these, Both were around the £6 - £10 mark pre-owned, Think I sold my copies for £3 to £4 each on fleabay, seems some of the older games are holding there prices, think I played the first Diablo back in about 1998 and cost me less new then than it is secondhand now :(

Oh well I'm still hanging on to a few of the oldy's that I still have, my return to castle wolfenstein disc 1 went down recently probably due to wear and tear cause I have hammered that particular game over the years, Mr Flopp's kindly helped me out with that little problem though, and now installed and running like a dream again..snell snell! :D

Reaction score
Popped into Gamestation today whilst out doing a spot of shopping..

I was very surprised at some of the prices of pre-owned games, I looked at quite a few and almost all of them were £5 and upwards, these were 10 year old games average with the likes of rollercoaster tycoon and star trek..

I then popped into Game which is in the precinct and saw they had brand new games in sealed boxes for the same prices, games like Medal of honour, ARMA, Call of duty and others, some were even buy 3 for £10 new.

Come to the conclusion that you must have ya wits about you nowadays when looking for the odd bargain because you can pick up new what other shops are selling for old tatty pre-owned's at the same price!

Couple of games I sold on fleabay a while back were Diablo and Diablo II
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw the price of these, Both were around the £6 - £10 mark pre-owned, Think I sold my copies for £3 to £4 each on fleabay, seems some of the older games are holding there prices, think I played the first Diablo back in about 1998 and cost me less new then than it is secondhand now :(

Oh well I'm still hanging on to a few of the oldy's that I still have, my return to castle wolfenstein disc 1 went down recently probably due to wear and tear cause I have hammered that particular game over the years, Mr Flopp's kindly helped me out with that little problem though, and now installed and running like a dream again..snell snell! :D

I played that game religiously for years. I absolutely loved it.

Ask a Question