Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Tech Spot have had the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming graphics card on their test bench this week - here's a snippet from their review:

The GeForce GTX 1080 hit retail shelves on May 27th, and, unsurprisingly, sold out in short order. Now, as I write this two weeks later, major online retailers such as Newegg list over half a dozen GTX 1080 models, most of which are still sold out.

Among the sold out graphics cards you will find the new Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming. It's a triple fan cooled 1080 that also boasts a redesigned PCB. Even though it's currently out of stock pretty much everywhere, we expect availability to improve shortly. Products like the G1 Gaming will likely see strong demand for some time, as they are already cheaper than the Founders Edition cards, and likely to get even less expensive.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming.jpg

Read more here.

Reaction score
Well if your a gamer you might need it for a graphics hungry game.
Its a monster but then if you want those graphics it has to be.

Nice review Becky..:nod:, oh can you done one on budget drones please!!:wave:

@Becky

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The 1080's and 1070's are pricey, but on the plus side the price of the 980/970's are on the drop. ;)

I'm going to have to get a new card for BF1. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... just don't be tempted to buy the Reference Card (Founders Edition, as nVidia call it) :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nVidia's, pull the wool over your eyes tactic, was to rename what was/is termed a 'reference card' (the basic configuration of the card that other manufacturers take and make good) and called it a ... Founders Edition ... then went and charged you more for the re-name. :nod:

:user:

IMHO the 'release' of the 1080/1070 was a 'Paper' release anyway.

Ask a Question