GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
HardOCP have a review of the GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1 GAMING graphics card, a high end card designed for 1440P gameplay:

To provide a realistic performance comparison, we will run the GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1 GAMING against a reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980. This will show us any benefit from the factory overclock, and our manual overclock compared to a reference GTX 980. AMD's most aligned performance comparison is an overclocked R9 290X. We will be using the SAPPHIRE TOXIC-X R9 290X TRI-X which features a custom cooler and factory overclock. We are using this video card for the sole purpose that it is one of the highest overclocked R9 290X cards we have and we want to see how that compares to the very high overclock we got out of the GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1.

Read the review here:
http://hardocp.com/article/2015/02/17/gigabyte_gtx_980_g1_gaming_video_card_review

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup! I keep longingly looking at upgrades... was very tempted to buy @Naylor 's old 780Ti - but my 560 just keeps on going and running things just fine :D.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'd have no bother fitting that thing to my 'case', I don't, however 'need' one ... maybe in 3 years time. :)

Ask a Question