A gaming PC on a budget

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'There's no debating that a souped-up gaming PC will outperform an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 any day of the week, but it'll also cost you a lot more at checkout. However, what about a gaming PC that isn't top of the line, say, one that was built for $550?

This is the question we put to the test: could we build a gaming PC from scratch that could provide a gameplay and visual experience on par with a next-gen console, for around the same price as a next-gen console?'

Read the full article at Gamespot

My own observation on reading the article was that an AMD machine is best bang for the buck when it comes to building a gaming PC on a budget.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing the link :nod: we've got an article in the pipeline written by Naylor about the effect that RAM has on gaming performance, it might complement this article well.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
That's £327.25 in real money ... I'm actually looking to replace my present system, however, I'll probably go spend all the £1000 I have coming on Intel. A good read for all.

Oh, and a PC can do a who host of other "stuff" a console is trying to do. :)

Ask a Question