Screen or m/board??

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone advise me on my prob please. I have a Dell Inspiron 1110 z11 mini laptop but as you can see from the pic it's not well! It looks like that after about 3 seconds of switching it on so I think it's the screen. There is no place to plug in a monitor so I cannot check it that way. Even if I try to get in the bios screen, it looks like that. I need to fix it quickly but don't have the cash to get a screen and a m/board so I need to make a good choice on the diagnosis. The motherboard has an integrated graphics chip which is why I may need a new board. I think it's the screen but any help or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

DSC00027.JPG

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

Yep, that looks like a problem with the LCD to me :(.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

I'll 2nd that. Defo looks like the screen. How long have you had the Mini for ? Is it not still under warrenty ?

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Welcome to the forums!
happywave.gif

Yep, that looks like a problem with the LCD to me :(.

I was afraid you would say that, lol. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm off shopping now

Reaction score
Yes had it a while. At least you all agrre with me on the screen, so thanks to all for the replies. Dell wanted £250 just to have a look!!! New screen is only £70 and I can fit it myself! lol. Thanks again all.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
br00ky said:
Dell wanted £250 just to have a look!!! New screen is only £70 and I can fit it myself!ll.

OUCH!! why not just by a new one. Screen may be only £70, but they are a bit tricky to fit.

Reaction score
They're dead easy to fit and rest of pc is ok so I think I'll go for the £70 option. Also I'm a Yorkshire man so the cheapest option is always the best option, lol

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
br00ky said:
. Also I'm a Yorkshire man so the cheapest option is always the best option, lol

LOL hey not all Yorkshiremen have squeaky wallets. Half my family are from up that way. Well let us know how you got on then when its done.

Reaction score
I'll let you know how it goes. I'm from Leeds and EVERY wallet is squeaky here lol.
Thanks again for your help and input guys.

Reaction score
If you have not replaced a laptop screen before suggest you read scott muellers upgrading & repairing laptops, it may give you some extra points & help when replacing it!

Reaction score
Update

Hi all, I replaced the screen and now all is fine.:) Thanks for all the advice.

Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
My eye site is a bit blury after last night :D
Yes had it a while. At least you all agrre with me on the screen, so thanks to all for the replies. Dell wanted £250 just to have a look!!! New screen is only £70 and I can fit it myself! lol. Thanks again all.

[mucks edit ... links removed, have a nice day :wave: ]

Ask a Question