Scanner problems...

Seb

I'm trying to get XP to detect my scanner. It detected it once (the first
time i connected) and brought up the usual connection wizard but I clicked
cancel because I thought I would be able to install the drivers from the
software disk that came with the scanner. No such luck. The software tell me
to install the TWAIN driver (the instructions to do that are in the booklet
which I have long lost). Is there any way I can get WIndows to detect and
bring up that window again? Because no matter what I try it refuses to
acknowledge that the scanner is in fact connected and turned on. Even when I
do it manually, Canon scanners are not on the list, which is even more
bizarre seeing as the first time the connection window came up it was
labeled "Canoscan"....

HELP!

~Seb

Michael D. Alligood

Have you tried physically disconnecting it from the computer and
reconnecting it to see if plug and play finds it again?

--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

Seb

Yes.

Michael D. Alligood said:
Have you tried physically disconnecting it from the computer and
reconnecting it to see if plug and play finds it again?

--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

tell when

Feng Mao

Hi Seb,

Thank you for posting!

I wonder if you can see your device or any unknow device in Device Manager.
To get into Device Manager, click Start -> right click My Computer ->
choose Properties -> click Hardware tab -> click Device Manager button.

In Device Manager, click View (menu) and then Show hidden devices (menu).
Please remove any Unknow device, or the scanner if it is listed.
Unplug and Plug your scanner.
Click Action (menu), choose Scan for hardware changes (menu).
When the scanner is detected, a wizard will be launched for specifying the
driver.

I hope that the above informaiton is helpful. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Seb" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: Scanner problems...
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:14:46 +1000
|
| I'm trying to get XP to detect my scanner. It detected it once (the first
| time i connected) and brought up the usual connection wizard but I clicked
| cancel because I thought I would be able to install the drivers from the
| software disk that came with the scanner. No such luck. The software tell
me
| to install the TWAIN driver (the instructions to do that are in the
booklet
| which I have long lost). Is there any way I can get WIndows to detect and
| bring up that window again? Because no matter what I try it refuses to
| acknowledge that the scanner is in fact connected and turned on. Even
when I
| do it manually, Canon scanners are not on the list, which is even more
| bizarre seeing as the first time the connection window came up it was
| labeled "Canoscan"....
|
| HELP!
|
| ~Seb

Seb

Thanks, that did the trick.

~Seb

Feng Mao said:
Hi Seb,

Thank you for posting!

I wonder if you can see your device or any unknow device in Device Manager.
To get into Device Manager, click Start -> right click My Computer ->
choose Properties -> click Hardware tab -> click Device Manager button.

In Device Manager, click View (menu) and then Show hidden devices (menu).
Please remove any Unknow device, or the scanner if it is listed.
Unplug and Plug your scanner.
Click Action (menu), choose Scan for hardware changes (menu).
When the scanner is detected, a wizard will be launched for specifying the
driver.

I hope that the above informaiton is helpful. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Seb" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: Scanner problems...
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:14:46 +1000

Feng Mao

Hi Seb,

I'm glad to hear that things are working correctly for you now. We look
forward to helping you in the future.

Have a good day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Seb" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: Re: Scanner problems...
| Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:50:22 +1000
|
| Thanks, that did the trick.
|
| ~Seb
|
| | > Hi Seb,
| >
| > Thank you for posting!
| >
| > I wonder if you can see your device or any unknow device in Device
| Manager.
| > To get into Device Manager, click Start -> right click My Computer ->
| > choose Properties -> click Hardware tab -> click Device Manager button.
| >
| > In Device Manager, click View (menu) and then Show hidden devices
(menu).
| > Please remove any Unknow device, or the scanner if it is listed.
| > Unplug and Plug your scanner.
| > Click Action (menu), choose Scan for hardware changes (menu).
| > When the scanner is detected, a wizard will be launched for specifying
the
| > driver.
| >
| > I hope that the above informaiton is helpful. Have a nice day!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Seb" <[email protected]>
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| > | Subject: Scanner problems...
| > | Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:14:46 +1000

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!fu-berlin.de!newsfeed.

iinet.net.au!newsfeed.iinet.net.au!per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au!not-fo
| > r-mail
| > |
| > | I'm trying to get XP to detect my scanner. It detected it once (the
| first
| > | time i connected) and brought up the usual connection wizard but I
| clicked
| > | cancel because I thought I would be able to install the drivers from
the
| > | software disk that came with the scanner. No such luck. The software
| tell
| > me
| > | to install the TWAIN driver (the instructions to do that are in the
| > booklet
| > | which I have long lost). Is there any way I can get WIndows to detect
| and
| > | bring up that window again? Because no matter what I try it refuses to
| > | acknowledge that the scanner is in fact connected and turned on. Even
| > when I
| > | do it manually, Canon scanners are not on the list, which is even more
| > | bizarre seeing as the first time the connection window came up it was
| > | labeled "Canoscan"....
| > |
| > | HELP!
| > |