Windows 7 Say Goodbye Windows 7.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft has officially stopped selling retail copies of some versions of Windows 7 and 8.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The date to stop selling the software was set some time ago and should help Microsoft move people on to more recent versions of its operating system.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Separately, statistics suggest people are finally moving away from some very old versions of Windows.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The next version of Windows, called Windows 10, is due to be released in late 2015.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 31 October, consumers could no longer buy copies of the Home Basic, Home Premium and Ultimate versions of Windows 7. Now, Windows 8 is also no longer available. The change affects both copies bought in shops or loaded on PCs and laptops. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The current version of Windows, 8.1, will be the default version offered on PCs.[/FONT]

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29880144
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Time to get with the program and 'start' using 8.1 then. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Still with 7 and will stay that way for the foreseeable future!
I don't like being spoonfed I like to grab me own spoon and do as I please

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What Mucks and Crazylegs said.

I'm gonna sound like a stuck record but I've tried Win 8.1 (with and without Classic Shell) and in my very humble opinion it doth verily sucketh a huge one :D

Which was disappointing tbh, I was hoping for something that would be better than Win 7.

But.... roll on the next one, I'll give it a shot with an open mind.

And Microsoft banning sales of Win 7 & 8? Smacks of desperation, that company can be really loathsome at times.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I recon by the time I have played all the games I have gaming on linux will be well established so I guess I will never ever need Windows at all.

:dance::dance::cheers:

Ask a Question