Windows 7 Windows 7 ... the final countdown

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Jan 13th begins the final countdown for Windows 7.

On that date, one of Microsoft's best and most successful versions of Windows hits its official "end of mainstream support." ... the King is dead, long live the King!

This first date ... End of mainstream support ... effectively means that Microsoft will no longer offer free updates to the operating system.

What OS are you gonna run in the future?

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're still running Windows 7, don't worry about this announcement - it's just things like service packs and extended features that are no longer released. Security fixes, etc... are still going to be rolling out for at least another 5 years :).

I'm looking forward to Windows 10, that's for sure... really not keen on Windows 8.1.

Reaction score
Im gonna learn coding in multiple formats

Develop my own operating system and put it out onto the market for pennies

I'm sick of Microsoft ripping people off

I've only had Win7 Pro in my PC for 2 years. I know it's a couple years older than that but
it is as popular if not more than XP and I loved XP

Arse

Reaction score
With people getting used to Android on smartphones could there be a push over to Linux?
I keep saying i want to use Linux but it might be time to start and quickly with the demise of Win7?
And go open source and ditch the expensive O/S with microsoft?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Whatever :D

For playing games I'll run Win 7 until it's no longer feasible, couldn't really give a monkeys about MS support.

And when that day comes I'll look for an alternative or a solution.

If that means Win 12 when the time comes, so be it.

Honestly not that big a deal to me :)

Reaction score
With people getting used to Android on smartphones could there be a push over to Linux?
I keep saying i want to use Linux but it might be time to start and quickly with the demise of Win7?
And go open source and ditch the expensive O/S with microsoft?

:thumb:Try Zorin 9 LTS 64 bit feckit, I have dual booted with Windows 8.1 it is free and downloadable to a pen drive or burn DVD it is free and based on Ubuntu. You are able to make it look like Windows XP, 2000, Vista, W7 and W 8.1 also you can run it from the burnt DVD or pen drive but that would be a limited version:bow:Oh and there is plenty of help out there if you need assistance Zorin have their own forum as well.

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'm not really a gamer. So Linux and OSX and I might just have a look see at Windows 10

Ask a Question