Samsung Galaxy S8 review round up

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
If any company needs a successful product release right now it's Samsung, after the disaster that was the Note 7. Thankfully the reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone seem to be overwhelmingly positive, with some reviewers describing the handset as the best phone that money can buy right now. That being said, at nearly £700 all this good stuff comes with a hefty price tag.

The Galaxy S8+ is one gorgeous piece of tech with its Infinity display and no amount of black bars can take that away from it. Plus, it's not like having bezels in their place will do your videos any good...

The chipset is the fastest around, while the software is more polished than ever. And while the battery capacity hasn't been increased over the S7 edge, the endurance is improved when it comes to web browsing and video watching.
- GSM Arena

Samsung's latest is a gorgeous bit of portable tech, packed with cutting-edge performance and loads and loads of helpful, handy perks. The iPhone 7 is no slouch in terms of performance, app selection, and overall quality of use, but put these head to head and you get a lot more benefits with the Galaxy S8.

And maybe most pressingly, it feels new and exciting while the iPhone 7 sticks with the old and familiar, for the most part. The Galaxy S8 has top-of-the-line everything and turns heads in the process, while the iPhone 7 can't help but feel a little tired.
- Stuff

Well, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is comfortably the best phone I’ve ever used. It’s fast, looks great, has a fantastic camera and has a screen that will do any photos captured justice.

There are a couple of missteps – the fingerprint scanner is in a silly place that will lead to many a smudged lens, and Bixby feels underdeveloped – but for the most part, this is a product from a company at the top of its game.
- Alphr

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was in the store today to get the feel of the S8+. I was surprised that it is not much bigger compared to my current phone which is S7 Edge. The other thing that surprised me is that the T-mobile store had it in stock on the second day of its release, with the S7 Edge I had to wait a couple of weeks are they sold out everything in the store. The screen was surely bigger but compared to the S7 Edge I was holding next to it they looked same. The icons on the new phone looked very nice. The camera is the same with identical options on the screen, however Samsung has tweaked the software a bit which should yield slightly better results.

I will hold it off for a bit and see how the user feedback is.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I imagine many people will be doing the same, hence the stock levels. After the Note 7 battery issues I can imagine that a lot of people will want to wait until the device is fully consumer tested!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The N7 battery farce and the S8 red tint issues mean I won't be rushing out to get one.

I like my S7E but do so miss stock Android.

Ask a Question