Samsung Galaxy S4 Being Announced Tonight.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S4 Being Announced Tonight.

Less than 24 hours away from Samsung’s next Galaxy S unveiling, detailed images have leaked on Chinese site IT168 that look exactly like yesterday’s purported video of the device. The pictures show that the eight-core phone will measure 7.7 millimeters thick and weigh in at 138g, with a 4.99-inch 1080p display.

"The GPU is mostly identical to what Apple is using in the iPhone 5"

The descriptions also confirm reports that the device will have a 13-megapixel camera, a significant jump from the Galaxy S III's 8-megapixel resolution. And as rumored, the processor is labeled as a 1.8GHz Exynos 5410, the first Samsung chip to use ARM's new big.LITTLE architecture, which couples faster A15 cores with low-power A7 cores to optimize for both performance and battery life. The CPU is said to be paired with a 533Mhz PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU, confirmed by Imagination, along with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage, expandable with a microSD card. AppleInsider points out that the GPU is mostly identical to what Apple is using in the iPhone 5 but running at a higher clock speed (533MHz compared to 350MHz), representing a significant shift for Samsung, away from ARM's Mali GPUs.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/13/4102174/samsung-galaxy-s-iv-revealed-in-detailed-images

Fresh pictures of Samsung's new Galaxy S4 phone have been leaked and from the look of it, they match the design of other leaks perfectly.

So is this the Galaxy S4? To all intents and purposes, it looks likely. Samsung appears to have gone for an iPhone 5-style evolution approach, with the design of new handset closely resembling the previous phone.

It has a split colour, just like the Times Square adverts. The front is black, the back white with a sort of flecked design which we imagine adds grip.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/50393/samsung-galaxy-s4-pictures

Livestream can be viewed here -

Must say, i like the look of the leaks, could well be my next phone. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Opinions. In different ways they are each better. But that's a different topic for a different time. ;)

But, I cant help but feel I'm getting bored of my iPhone..... Jailbreaking it helped, but i'm still loosing interest in it. need something new to mess with. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
With phones like these I think the poor laptop will soon be on the endangered species list.:lol:

To be honest, the only thing that concerns me is the eye-scrolling feature. Will it harm the vision of folks using it on a regular basis? I dunno but it sure is my concern. :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Heres the event in full...

I dunno, i like it, and i feel like I'm getting bored of the iPhone, jailbreaking just isn't as satisfying as Rooting and ROM flashing! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The S4 is actually smaller than the S3. ;)

TBYP. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not aimed at anyone in general of this thread, but ...

Don't try and match components of the Smartie phones with that of a PC, they not really the same.

A smartie 8core 'CPU' ain't no Intel i7 all-singin CPU you'll find in a PC, same thing about memory. :)

It does make them sound good, dunnit. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question