Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone images leaked by MWC app

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Images of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9 smart phone have been inadvertantly leaked... by Samsung. The company is due to make the big reveal of the newest handset on Sunday at the Mobile World Congress.

The images were discovered hidden via a hack of Unpacked 2018, a program that the company has asked invitees to Sunday's launch of the handset in Barcelona to download.

The disclosure backs up details divulged by earlier unverified leaks about the Galaxy S9.

Experts say the revelations threaten to detract from the official unveiling.

The images of a computer-generated model of the phone were apparently created to provide an augmented reality experience at Samsung's Mobile World Congress press event, according to the news site XDA Developers.

_100116575_36776e7d-73ce-42d0-ae39-9fd0bb25b62f.jpg

Read more here.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well who doesn't want greasy fingerprints all over their camera lens?!

Seriously though, I'm glad they moved it. That being said, I'm not planning on getting a new phone any time soon, but when I do I'm not sure I'd get another Samsung. The thing I like most about it is the camera, but as a company Samsung always seem to be slow to fix things. They always seem to be the last one with security updates etc.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Agreed, I like Samsung hardware, but I really dislike the software. I'd love to see a Samsung phone with Stock Android 8.1 Oreo.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah that would be great, can't see it happening any time soon though - if ever.

Dammit, now I want biscuits :lol:

Ask a Question