Rules not uploading to Microsoft Exchange

M

michelle1962

I receive an error message " One or more rules cannot be uploaded to Microsoft Exchange and ahve been deactivated. This could be becauase some of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient nspace to store all of your rules". I dontunderstand as I created one rule and then another - one was applied ok the other wasnt. please help

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

M

michelle1962

EXCHANGE VERSION IS 200
I have 108 new rules as they are project and I have had to create a new rule for inbox and sent box separately as I couldnt create a rule that did both boxes for one project

It seems to be random as after the ones that werent uploaded the next few were ok. :(

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

108? Wow. That's a lot for Exchange. Are the ones that don't work longer
than the later ones that do work? If you try to upload a long rule and there
isn't space, it fails but their might be space for a shorter rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402

M

michelle1962

Thanks Diane, I have shortened the name of the rule in 80% of cases that has allowed the other rues to be uploaded. I have been advised that if we upgrade to Exchange 2007 it has a bigger capacity from 32kb (2003) to 256KB (2007) will this allow me to have lots of rules - or is there a way of creating a rule to apply to the inbox and sent items box at the same time - this would halve my rules. Michelle

Ask a Question