RRas will not start

Lee

I am having difficulty starting RRas.
We have a windows 2000 server with ISA server 2000. All
was working fine until we upgraded to Windows2003. Now
RRas will not start and gives the error:

Event ID:7024
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with
service-specific error 127 (0x7F).

The ISA server has SP1 and the Win2003 fix installed and
ISA works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

Can you check if the versions of the RAS binaries and ensure there is no
mismatch? Also check if there are any critical windows updates which needs
to be installed on the machine.
--

Thanks
Sharoon

Lee

Thanks for your reply below
"Can you check if the versions of the RAS binaries and
ensure there is no mismatch"
How do i do this?

Cheers

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

Check the file versions and timestamp in the %windir%\system32 folder for
ras* binaries.

--

Thanks
Sharoon

They all look fine
any other suggestions?

This only happened after we upgraded to Win2003. Does
that offer any info?

Cheers

Sergio Moreno

Hello,

RRAS depends on RPC, make sure that the remote procedure call service is started.
Question, what functionality are you using from RRAS? Is it just a simple configuration?

--------------------
From: <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: RRas will not start
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 04:26:12 -0700

They all look fine
any other suggestions?

This only happened after we upgraded to Win2003. Does
that offer any info?

Cheers

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Srinidhi Viswanatha [MSFT]

My best guess is a third party security/admin dll being used and an expected
procedure is not found in the DLL.
You say Event ID:7024, for which the source would be "Service Control
Manager"...look down a few events for an event by "RemoteAccess" that should
give you all details.

--
Thanks
Srinidhi

Sergio Moreno(MSFT) said:
Hello,

RRAS depends on RPC, make sure that the remote procedure call service is started.
Question, what functionality are you using from RRAS? Is it just a simple configuration?

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

originated.