Win2K --> Win2K3 hosed RRAS...

S

Scott McDonald

I upgraded a server from Windows 2000 Server SP4 to Windows 2003 Server, all went well except routing and remote access, it doesn't work at all - won't start, multiple errors (all posted below).

Any ideas?

Opening RRAS I get the following error:

"An error occurred while trying to make a connection to the datastore"

Then when I try to start (or after disabling and re-enabling after the config questions end and it trys to start) I get this:

"An error occurred while trying to start the routing and remote access service on <computername>. For more information about the error, see event viewer. (Right click the my computer icon on your windows desktop, and then click manage. In the computer management console, click event viewer"
In event viewer the error logged is:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 5/14/2004
Time: 9:35:58 AM
User: N/A
Computer: REMOTESERVER
Description:
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 127 (0x7F).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

J

Janani V[MSFT]

You can try replacing the IAS database files from the original CDs.

Thanks,
Janani
I upgraded a server from Windows 2000 Server SP4 to Windows 2003 Server, all went well except routing and remote access, it doesn't work at all - won't start, multiple errors (all posted below).

Any ideas?

Opening RRAS I get the following error:

"An error occurred while trying to make a connection to the datastore"

Then when I try to start (or after disabling and re-enabling after the config questions end and it trys to start) I get this:

"An error occurred while trying to start the routing and remote access service on <computername>. For more information about the error, see event viewer. (Right click the my computer icon on your windows desktop, and then click manage. In the computer management console, click event viewer"
In event viewer the error logged is:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 5/14/2004
Time: 9:35:58 AM
User: N/A
Computer: REMOTESERVER
Description:
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 127 (0x7F).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Ask a Question