RRAS problem

Gary HO

Dear all,

I have a difficult problem while starting Remote Access Service in
Windows 2000 server. The service can't be started when I was trying
to start VPN/remote access serice and came up an error message which
is shown below:

"The Routing and Remote Access servce cannot be started because of the
following error.

The Service has returned a service-specific error code.
(8007024a)"

The problem only showed when I start the RRAS, it's working perfectly
if I start "internal routing only"

I've captured the screen and pls have a look
http://chungming.no-ip.org/rras.jpg

I hope someone can give me some advices to solve this problem since
I've researched in this problem for long time and couldn't get any
solution.
Thx for everyone's help first!!

Gary

Terry Barcroft [MSFT]

Hello Gary,
I've seen this problem once before. In my case, disabling and then
enabling/re-configuring RRAS resolved the issue. You might try starting
over from a fresh config using the wizard to set it up. Then add back your
specific config one step at a time to see if 1> the problem returns, and
2> if a specific step in your config introduces the problem.

Good Luck.
Thanks,
Terry Barcroft [MSFT]

When replying, please post to GROUP so that everyone can benefit from the
knowledge.