Routers

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
This is really just a general question about routers.
I want to know is there any sort of set intervals that you should do a hard reset on your router ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Shouldn't need to tbh.

Mine get unplugged now and again when i'm tidying up or moving stuff around. Other than that its on all the time.

I'd not want to do a hard reset on mine as its set up for a number of laptops that i 'maintain' aswell as mobile phones, tablets, games consoles, Internet radio etc etc. It would take forever to set back up as i dont run a DHCP server. ;)

Not to mention all the custom settings within the custom FW i run. (DGTeam)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Never touched mine in over three and a half years.

Never felt as though I needed to. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
BT reboots mine, at the wrong time of day, when you just at a precarious point in a game, and I loose ... so I phone them up to be compensated for the loss of Nic (in-game cash) and if the would also replace my lost gear, this Indian voice doesn't seem to understand Englrish.

No, I don't turn mine off, it's automatic. :rolleyes:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
, this Indian voice doesn't seem to understand Englrish.

Yup I have that problem with Talk Talk, next time I deal with them will just walk upto their head office in West London rather thanhaving to deal with a cal center in South Arica.

Anywa the reson for doing hard reset on min was, I was struggling to load some pages(seemed to take forever) and sometimes pages just wouldn't load. Speedtest.net showed I had good speed. So I called TT andthey suggested a hard resetch I did. Now everything is flying as normal. They said I hould do it once a month But like V_R I have other computers and phones etc connected to router so it would b pain in the a*se.
But as others aren't doing it, I shall follow suite :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anywa the reson for doing hard reset on min was, I was struggling to load some pages(seemed to take forever) and sometimes pages just wouldn't load. Speedtest.net showed I had good speed. So I called TT andthey suggested a hard resetch I did. Now everything is flying as normal. They said I hould do it once a month But like V_R I have other computers and phones etc connected to router so it would b pain in the a*se.

TBH, that sounds more like a possible DNS/routing issue. ;)

Tried ipconfig /flushdns? OpenDNS?

Ask a Question