Windows XP Retrieving Emails from another computer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Can anyone offer a useful site that explains how I can obtain my emails from another location or computer?

I am a complete novice and am using a Dell Laptop as my computer but I would like to be able to gain access to my emails from my computer at work, past as well as present. I am using Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook because of the many useful additional features like appointments, calender etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi sleezeydog

Does your ISP allow remote access?? The main ones do.

What I would suggest is go to your ISP home page and look for an option like 'check my mail' or something similar. You will need to enter your user name and passowrd and that should be it.

I am with Pipex and can do that as can Tiscali and many others.

Give it a try and see what you come up with. If still having problems, let us know which ISP you are with and I will do some digging around!

Bye for now

Gabriella x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if your using outlook unfortunatley it downloads them out of the inbox so if you login via the website its empty, the best way is to login via the website to retrieve emails because they are available anywhere

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Dont worry you can still use outlook AND leave the messages on the server for viewing via website:

Outlook>Tools>EmailAccounts>Select Account to change>More settings>Advanced>Delivery>Tick 'leave copy of messages on server'

:)
Me__2001 said:
if your using outlook unfortunatley it downloads them out of the inbox so if you login via the website its empty, the best way is to login via the website to retrieve emails because they are available anywhere

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i thought you could just didn't know if the new versions did

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Yes Adywebb's right, make sure you have the option about leaving a copy on the server checked and then you can access them at work, remotely or wherever takes your fancy!!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
I don't know if you saw my thread, but I just did this with Mozilla Thunderbird as well.

It's amazing how many times you rack your brain to figure something out and when you do it's a check box :rolleyes: lol

Av

Reaction score
sleezeydog said:
Hi Everyone

Can anyone offer a useful site that explains how I can obtain my emails from another location or computer?

I am a complete novice and am using a Dell Laptop as my computer but I would like to be able to gain access to my emails from my computer at work, past as well as present. I am using Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook because of the many useful additional features like appointments, calender etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
H, I'm new here. I use a software called USB NoteBook that allows me to store the whole Outlook Express (it's applications, set-up and email messages) in a movable USD storage device. I use a 1G USB storage stick. So far, it worked quite well, so I could retrieve all my email (new and archive) and view them in Outlook Express both at home and when at work. The drawback is it only works if you use Outlook Express. Not MS outlook. Hope you find this useful.
godwin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Sorry not to have replied earlier but posted this and within an hour was dispatched away to attend an installation emergency and only returned yesterday.

I would like to thank you all for your contribution to my dilemma and will be checking them out this evening.

So watch this space for the results and accept my thanks in the meantime!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You can do the same thing if using Outlook Express as well just go tools>Accounts>Hit the Mail tab>Properties>Advanced>Check box leave a copy of messages on server.... and you also get the option to delete after so many days or delete from server when deleted from deleted Items....:thumb:

Ask a Question